MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Allred
A great race and all kudos to Quartararo for a fantastic Lorenzo-like performance.

Many fallers, which screwed up the Cyclevisor League for several.

Once again disappointed with Rossi, but he (and Petrucci) were the only ones who managed to make up 9 positions during the race. Now if he could just qualify further up the grid!

Only have to wait until next weekend for Catalunya

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

I managed to watch all of them through the day.

Moto3 - Mugello is always amazing.

Moto2 - Got enjoy seeing the Americans percolate.

MotoGP - a chaotic yet stagnant race.

I know - that doesn't reflect the madness of the changes of fortune, but Quartararo is evolving into a Marquez/Rossi/Doohan animal. And it seems to eat what it wants. His comfort zone covers more range than the others. Pushing that M1 hard enough to carry that power wheelie at the end of the straight where the others won't... He's just finding that edge everywhere.

I took Dupasquier's passing hard.

The announcement of his passing, just before the Moto2 race, followed a Saturday where I was picking up some tansu cabinets I'd had refinished way up north in Berkeley. After a five hour nap from a 14-hour nightshift, I busted my ass in the GMC to get through Bay Area traffic before they closed at 17:00. After I paid, and I got my stuff outside by the truck, the young man running the store was telling me about his operation, how he'd followed his father into the world of repairing and importing tansu, and the long-time people his father and he have known and worked with through the years.

Guys like the Sun brothers in Shanghai. "Little Sunny" and the older one "Big Sunny" are carpenters doing custom work in traditional Kiri wood methods, and these folks go way back together. We started chatting about how the entire supply stream is messed up across the globe, from materials and labor at the source, to the port just a handful of miles away in Oakland that has a container in it which he's had a hell of a time extracting.

The store owner's phone rang, and when he looked at its black glass face, he said "Oh, wow - Shanghai! I have to take this." And he walked inside.
Barely had I returned to loading the pickup when he came back out to the parking lot. He looked as cold as the fog overhead.
"Big Sunny's dead," he said. "He just died of a stroke."

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

oldironnow
https://www.gpone.com/en/2021/05/30/motogp/petrucci-i-feel-dirty-would-we-have-raced-if-a-motogp-rider-had-died.html

Am I some kind of mutant for disagreeing with him?

Though I feel he is correct that the riders should have been consulted, or had the issue put to a vote, but I would've agreed with running the race.

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

MotoGP - a chaotic yet stagnant race.
Perfect description.
I really hope Quartararo can stay this pace the rest of the year.
I also wish Marquez sets out a race so team 2Fat can gain Quartararo and get some pointage.

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Any way you think about it, it's a tough call.
Yes, tough call but if you were to ask any rider what they would want to happen if’n it was them that was killed on the track or there after they would more than likely say the race should continue.
This way you are honoring that riders life and passion.
But I agree it should be the riders to decide.

Unfortunately there is always the money aspect of things.
Companies spend big bucks on the races and if those races don’t happen I’m sure there is monitory payback if it doesn’t run because of the death of a rider.

“ Money
It's a crime
Share it fairly
But don't take a slice of my pie.”

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

motogrady

Well, Rossi imo was a voice of reason.  No matter what, running or not doesn't bring anyone back.
I kinda felt, maybe keep it a bit somber, business like, and just get on with it.   Def not the time for doing burnouts or high fives at the finish.

Kinda creepy, most every pic I see out there of Jason, he's just looking into the camera, almost expressionless.  Almost like he knew, subconsciously, it was he, that would not be.

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Just finished Moto2. Great battle between Gardner and Fernandez.
Our boy Joe crossed the line in third place but was denied the podium for exceeding track limits on the last lap. 😕
He is 6th in the points.

The other American, Cameram, finished 8th.
Nice to see some Red White and Blue doing well in a Spanish Italian dominated sport.

Re: MotoGP MUGELLO ITALY

Just finished Moto2. Great battle between Gardner and Fernandez.
Our boy Joe crossed the line in third place but was denied the podium for exceeding track limits on the last lap. 😕
He is 6th in the points.

The other American, Cameram, finished 8th.
Nice to see some Red White and Blue doing well in a Spanish Italian dominated sport.
Glad you mention Moto2 - it was good, and good to see Roberts/CamBee in the top 10.

Catch Moto3. You can run, but you can't hide from the draft.