MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred

So far so good, looking like fair weather for the last round.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

oldironnow
I was wondering why Dorna would return to Estoril.
Now it's clear to me:
It's so late in the year - "Get down to the sea."
The heat sink of the ocean will hold the baseline temperatures higher than the dirt does at the inland tracks.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred
It's very early but home boy Oliveira led the pack in Portugal on the KTM in FP1.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred
Zarco tops FP2, crashes by Nakagami and Rossi, but both okay.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

oldironnow
Let's go Zarco.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred
It's looking like Miller, Oliveira and Rins are hot to trot, Valentino has Q1 in his future.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred

With the championship already decided this last race is a "free" one, and Mir is starting from 20th on the grid!

Native son Oliveira has to be the favorite, and as proof he sits on pole, but Jack Miller also has to be an odds-on favorite, along with Morbidelli, and maybe Quartararo(?). "Retiring" Crutchlow may put in an impressive swan song too.

Dovi starts from 12th and Rossi from 17th so I doubt either of them will see podium status.

My prediction is

1) Oliveira
2) Quartarao
3) Miller

Enjoy the race everyone, sadly it will be the last for quite a while.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Damn! With Mir mentally home drinking champagne while  physically sitting in 20th, and Binder on row 5, OldIron has a really good chance of overtaking Team Mad in the League.

I agree that Oliveira is the favorite, given his home track knowledge. I sure wish he would give KTM Bro Binder a few tips. Sad to see races where Rossi isn't even a factor 😳
As for the mad4 vs Oldiron thing........I just skimmed over the league postings from start to finish.
There is a 41 Point difference between the 2.
A tall order, for sure.
But, I think I saw where SpiesLives hit 52 points in one round.
I'll check the paperwork, and see who did hit HighPoint for an event this season.

Good luck to both of you guys, mad4 and Oldiron.

Ps.  Kind of interesting, going back and looking at the season as it unfolded.
You can see where some of us made good, and some not so good, decisions as team owners.

Even tho it's coming to an end, might be a good idea to keep up on the offseason news as far as Motogp goes.

Who knows, we might run again next year.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Even tho it's coming to an end, might be a good idea to keep up on the offseason news as far as Motogp goes.  Who knows, we might run again next year.
I hope so! This has been a really interesting league, the old Dorna one where you had to predict, what was it......the first ten in each race, was okay but just too involved, this one where we pick 3 riders at the beginning of the season and root for them along the way makes it much more interesting for everyone.

You'll have to let us know when the deadline is for picking riders, because I feel pretty sure there will be a rush to select M. Marquez!

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Holy scrambling Spaniard.

https://youtu.be/MMHAQD1rpKM

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Those track looks like a blast.

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

I’m glad to see Olivera on pole. I think it’s great when a hometown boy gets a chance.
Unfortunately I think he will be taken by Frankie for sure.

Good to see my Yammi boys are at least near the front.

I see a
1) Franki
2) Quart
3) Miller

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

Allred
An amazing performance by Oliveira, and an exciting finish by Miller.

18 weeks before Qatar 2021!

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL

I see a
1) Franki
2) Quart
3) Miller
Yeah,,,, missed that one all together.
Olivera surprised me all together. He shot out and kept it hammer down all the way to the end. Great pace.

Quartararo,,,, really. I know this track is a difficult track for passing but only for the Yamaha A bikes.
Both my team riders showed some sort of possibilities before the race but Vinales had the best show at 11th place with Quartararo being passed by Rossi.

The track looks like a great track for the smaller bikes but I wonder how many of the riders of the big bikes will want to run this one again?

Re: MotoGP PORTUGAL