MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Allred

It's looking damp for Rimini............

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

oldironnow
I bet they won't know what to run right up to the warm-up lap.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Allred
Wet FP1 and FP2 means that Vinales' early dry time keeps him ahead of the pack, and with more thunderstorms/showers forecast for Saturday we may see a strange starting grid..............not to mention a race full of tire choice decisions and a possible flag-to-flag race on Sunday when rain is also forecast.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

oldironnow
Good for Viñales.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

motogrady

Kinda wondering......who will win the battle of the oldie/newbies?

Will Vinales gel with the Aprilla, and trounce the Great White Hope of Petronas?

Or will Dovi come out swinging, like he never left?

🤔

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Kinda wondering......who will win the battle of the oldie/newbies?
Will Vinales gel with the Aprilla, and trounce the Great White Hope of Petronas?
Or will Dovi come out swinging, like he never left?
Yes, for sure the times they are a changing, Bagnaia proved that when he fended off the maximum efforts of the once-near-omnipotent Marquez last week.

I doubt Vinales can adapt to the Aprilia quickly enough to be a serious threat this weekend, I don't think he is mature enough, there's just a little too much "Maverick" in him!!!!!!!!!

As skilled as Dovizioso is I think his absence has been a little too long for him to have much dominance this early, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Allred
Dry track for FP3 and Bagnaia looking good, again.

Both Rossi and Marquez already relegated to Q1 due to falls.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Allred
An interesting grid with 5 Ducatis on the first two rows.

Bagnaia continues to be on top form, I wonder if he can have things all his own way again this weekend, he has a lot of competition around him, and I'm sure Marquez hasn't forgotten his failed attempt to challenge Bagnaia last week.

Mir is 11th, behind Vinales, but I have hopes that Mir will do his usual late attack and fare well.

Oh dear, Rossi 23rd on the grid.

Now, will it rain, or not?

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Marquez crashed trying to tow behind Pecco in Q1. That kind of shows just how good Pecco is.

Quartararo crash as well trying to take that pole spot from Pecco.

Jack Miller in 2nd makes me happy. Not sure if he can do it but it would be to see a Duc 1,2 and a Yamaha 3.

Vinny doing Aprilia proud. They are getting there 2 million bucks worth. I bet he ask for more next year. He took a 6 million Euros cut in pay to ride Aprilia.

I bet it was worth that to Aprilia just to get some Yamaha data from Viñales. Or, does that not happen? Is there an Omertà between riders and factories?

Omertà lol.. I love it. 🤣

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

Wow! What a race. A great day for Ducati and some great display of warriorship by several riders.

Bastini! Great riding from him. 12th to 3rd. A rookie taking bites of lap records and showing his potential on a two year old Duc. Outstanding!
Quartararo taking 3 seconds out of Bagnaia and at least sniffing some Ducati fumes before the checkered flag.  A couple more laps and things might have been different.
Bagnaia showed great pace. No mistakes. Smooth and calculated. He reminds me of Lorenzo only no attitude attached.

Good to see Marquez hanging in there and keeping it up even though he’s not enjoying it so much.

Not sure what happened to Miller. He was looking great with a good lead in front then the fad hit. I’m sure he mumbled a few obscenities when a rookie on a two year old bike went  passed. Maybe he chewed his tire up to soon. I guess this shows the calculated mindset of Bagnaia.

Poor Martin could not catch a break. Low sided trying to keep up then got hit with two exceeding the track penalties.
I can see why he just decided to pack it up.

I expected more out of Vinales.  He lost a few places. He made some points but I thought he would be in 8th-10th.
But I guess 13ths not bad considering his time on the Aprilia.

Re: MotoGP RIMINI ITALY

oldironnow
Good race/Good write up ^ Have to agree. Those last laps were tense.

Thinking about it, I get a Spies impression from Bagnaia.

Seeing Quartararo like an unrestrained child lift the tire cover on Bagnaia's Ducati in parc ferme was so absurdly out of line it was humorous... "What're your tires like?"

Supports splitting everywhere.