MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred

While it borders on folly to forecast so far ahead with British weather, it does look as though it will be dry for practice/qualifying and race day this weekend.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

motogrady

I just saw where Rossi is looking foward to it, feels good and says he's done well there.

Would be cool to see him uncork a win before the final event.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred
Yes, he won in 2015, and podiumed in 2014, 2016 & 2017, and it would certainly be good to see him excel during this his last season.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

I just saw where Rossi is looking foward to it, feels good and says he's done well there.

Would be cool to see him uncork a win before the final event.

and it would be cool if there really was a Santa Claus.
😂

Sorry,,,,,

LOL........good one FaFat, sad but probably true!

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred

Holy Moly, stepping off at 170mph..............and still went top in FP1....!!!!

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred

And Quartararo follows suit in FP2 with a hi-side.......

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

oldironnow
It's not every day one gets kicked in the nuts by your bike's rear tire.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

oldironnow
Looks like he really got his lower-leg/ankle folded up into the bike. Nasty.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred
Miller rules the day in FP3.

Pol is the fastest Honda of the day............finally!

Looks like Rossi will be in Q2.

Mir is the sole Suzuki representative in the top ten.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred

Pol on Pole!!!!!!!!!! YES!
I've got a lot of making up to do on the League so I need a 1)Marquez 2)Pol. 3)Mir podium!!!

Rossi on row 3............maybe, just maybe!

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

motogrady

What the hell is going on with Olivera?😬

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

It's not every day one gets kicked in the nuts by your bike's rear tire.

 I hate when that happens!

Pretty amazing that Marc crashed at 160 mph and walked away easily while Quart crashed at 50 mph and jacks his ankle up.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

In FP3 all three of my men, Quart, Miller and Marc, were at the top three spots. My hopes where high for awhile but then time attack took place.

It is good to Pol finally get a pole position. It's been awhile since we've seen a Repsol Honda up in front.
I'm thinking (hoping) Quart will get past him at the first corner and Pol will play blocker holding back Martin and Bagnaia so that Marc can get into the fight which will cause some traffic so that Miller gets into the mix and eventually MM, Miller and Quart hit the 1, 2, 3 spots.

A guy can dream can't he?

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Maggots Corner? Is it full of maggots? Nope. Named after nearby Maggot Moor

And the reasoning for the other Silverstone corners:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/features/2015/7/what_s-in-a-name--the-history-behind-silverstones-iconic-corners.html

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

This should be good! Just a few hours. out. Might even watch it live and mess up my weekend :)

Always, I dig the corner names at Silverstone.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Great link to the Silverstone corner names FatFat.

Designed by Barnes Wallace, (of bouncing bomb/Dam Buster fame), the Wellington was of geodetic airframe fuselage structure making it a very sturdy aircraft that could take a lot of battle damage and still make it home.

Although reduced to secondary bombing duties by several types of superior four-engined heavy bombers mid-way through the war, the Vickers Wellington was the most most produced of all British WWII bombers.

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

oldironnow
I hope this link functions as access, as I recommend it.

oldironnow approved content.

If MotoGP doesn't post it for free, it's a damn shame.

https://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2021/08/25/flashback-is-jim-redman-the-sport-s-oldest-ever-competitor/387225

Re: MotoGP SILVERSTONE UK

Allred
Excellent Redman movie (yes, its free).

"I forgot to get old"...............LOL!

(also the subsequent movie is a Rossi movie)