MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

oldironnow

Apparently Friday’s FPs were of note.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

motogrady

Crash-A-Rama?

Suzuki wins the championship and abruptly drops out.

Honda has so many of their guys wrecking or out they
can barely put a guy on the grid. And they still come back for more.  🤔

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

whatarush
Marc’s thoughts of the Honda?

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

motogrady
whatarush wrote
Marc’s thoughts of the Honda?
Called it a disaster or something today.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

His anger in the garage could be heard through the helmet. Body language alone screamed “FIX THIS F@$!ING BUCKING BRONCO!!!”

Neat crashes like this used to not bother him so much. He used to shake them off and grin about it. Could it be that the anger is coming from to many close calls because Honda can’t make a bike that can stay on the track and be competitive or is it Mark has reserve about another injury putting him out again? Hopefully it’s the further. If it’s the latter Marquez will never when a championship again.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

motogrady

I dunno…….if the thing keeps losing the rear under throttle,
why not just soften the electronics that deliver the power there?
Before all this traction control, especially with the 2 strokes,
it was the rider that controlled how much power the wheels got.

Now it’s just grab a handful and let the black box do its thing.

Ya, they might give a bit on acceleration,
but they might finish a race or 2.

I need to get a Cliff Notes pamphlet on software design
and apply for a job with those guys.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

I wonder if all the crashes were due to cold tires and not setting the black box to accommodate?
During fp2 they talked about how the GP tire is made much harder than our mere mortals tires and the temperature needs to be at least 250 degrees to have any grip and with the temperatures down maybe the tires are not staying hot enough for the grip required .

Of course I don’t remember seeing a lot of Ducati’s crashing so maybe it’s just the other riders are just out riding the limits of their bikes trying to catch up with Ducati.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

I wonder if all the crashes were due to cold tires and not setting the black box to accommodate?
During fp2 they talked about how the GP tire is made much harder than our mere mortals tires and the temperature needs to be at least 250 degrees to have any grip and with the temperatures down maybe the tires are not staying hot enough for the grip required .

Of course I don’t remember seeing a lot of Ducati’s crashing so maybe it’s just the other riders are just out riding the limits of their bikes trying to catch up with Ducati.
Geez. 250 degrees.  Didn’t know that.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

Well, speaking of Marc, by now you'll all know he had another big highside in morning warmup, and declined to take part in the race. Commentators during the warmup said that Nakagami publicly stated he's terrified of the Honda now and just rides to finish a race uninjured. He said the bike loses the front on the way in, shakes through the middle of a corner, and loses the rear on the way out. Marc was switching back and forth between the HRC and Kalex swingarms and couldn't find a solution with either.  The only reason Marc had been getting the Honda anywhere close to the front is because he's talented and has a huge ego, but if not Marc then his Dad is going to call time on this soon. Mir in injured , Rins is very injured, Marquez is walking wounded, and Taka is riding scared. Who would have thought HRC could let this happen.
If that bike is doing all that, losing the front going in, wobbling in the turn, then fishtailing coming out, I mean, where do you even start?

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

Thanks for grabbing this pic.

I wanted to do the same thing.

You can FEEL it...

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

I wonder if all the crashes were due to cold tires and not setting the black box to accommodate?
During fp2 they talked about how the GP tire is made much harder than our mere mortals tires and the temperature needs to be at least 250 degrees to have any grip and with the temperatures down maybe the tires are not staying hot enough for the grip required .

Of course I don’t remember seeing a lot of Ducati’s crashing so maybe it’s just the other riders are just out riding the limits of their bikes trying to catch up with Ducati.
May, 2023 Roadracing World - Dr. Tuluie and Renault and Bentley and Audi and Ducati and AI and Machine Learning.....

In one sentence, Ducati has digitized EVERYTHING, and is/has/can run 400,000 virtual races a day with the program optimizing the design by itself each time it runs.

Re: MotoGP Sachsenring 2023

oldironnow
Moto3 has a weird battle at the front that all of us have felt.

Moto2 is the Americans languishing.

MotoGP has a right scrap.

Assen is next.
Supports splitting everywhere.