MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Ok. I’m awake.

New change in the way Q2 is decided.
The Grand Prix Commission decided to push through the change to the MotoGP schedule, making Friday morning practice untimed, and leaving the 60-minute Friday afternoon practice session as the only session of practice determining whether riders will go directly through to Q2.

Also Yamaha is trying a new wing.

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

grado
Administrator
I tell ya, this changing things up during the season,
I have never seen so much of it.

Ever.

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Ok. I’m awake.

Right ?!?

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

grado wrote
I tell ya, this changing things up during the season,
I have never seen so much of it.

Ever.
It’s rumored Yamaha and Honda might quit, and I bet Dorna is trying to goose streaming numbers.

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Rain drops keep falling on their heads.

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

How to dress for Silverstone MOTOGP

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

oldironnow
Moto 3 - amazing! Great class this year.

MotoGP - Like a good Supersport race !

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Agreed about both Moto3 and GP, although I am really enjoying the spec class Moto2, and not just because they use basically the same 765cc triple as my Daytona. The riders in Moto2 are the most ambitious, crazy, talented but still with rough edges batch in GP, which makes for nutso, often emotional riding (they get furious with each other). The riders in Moto2 are focused and competitive to the breaking point. Most all of them see themselves as the next big thing and so they push very hard in a series designed to give nobody an equipment advantage. Plus, now that MotoGP bikes are festooned with wings and fins (looking more like test mules than finished racers), I think the Moto2 machines are the best to look at.
EXACTLY !

I finished Moto2 last night.

That class is "like it once was."  Multi-colored aero-sharks, being ridden at full-tilt all, the, time.

American riders come back home saying there's never a moment's rest out there, and this is the ECU:

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

oldironnow
Aero in 1978.
Pat Hennen leads Sheene.

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023

oldironnow
So, is James Bond playing Marc Márquez, or is it the other way 'round?

Re: MotoGP Silverstone 2023