MotoGP VALENCIA SPAIN

Allred
Looks like the weather will be dry at Valencia, Spain for the final MotoGP race of 2021.

As per Mad4's post in the "Race" section, Mark Marquez is suffering from a reoccurance of an old eye injury following his recent off-road tumble and will not be racing this weekend. Stemming from an original 2011 eye injury, this latest diplopia caused by the paralysis of the eye oblique muscles could cause the end of his racing career.

It will be sad to see Valentino Rossi race for the last time, MotoGP will not be the same without him.

Congrats to Quartararo on becoming 2021 world champion.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA SPAIN

Allred

Martin heads the pack but I think it's Bagnaia, Miller and Mir we will be looking at.

Valentino makes 10th on the grid, there will be a lot of people sad to see him go.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA SPAIN

Allred
A good race, albeit so sad to see Rossi retire.

I guess I have to eat my words regarding Martin, he did way better than I expected.

Bagnaia has been nothing short of amazing late this season, he was never on my radar last year, (kudos to Mad4 for being so aware of him) but he sure looks prime for being world champion next year.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA SPAIN

motogrady

Ya, caught some of it unpacking from a bit of a vacation.  Class act #46.

Thinkin bout next season, it's a new day for sure.
The only guy left from the 2 stroke days, gone.
MM, if he's out, another old guard gone. I wonder if they can fix him.  I saw something where it's a nerve or something.  Bummer.
Dovi seemed to finish his short season kinda strong, at least middle of the pack.
But, with his age, who knows how he's gonna hang with the young guns next year.

Those 3, kind of dropping off the radar certainly opens it up.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA SPAIN

We just got back from our vacation as well and caught up. The Valencia race was much better than Portugal.
A triple Duc ending. Ducati has to be celebrating, still.

Suzuki has to be wondering if Rins is a keeper.

Motogp has lost two great Italians that we always like to see on the track.
I’m not sure if there will ever be another as great as Rossi was to the sport. He really helped bring more people into Motogp.
It’s a shame he couldn’t have gone out on top.