MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred

Nice to have another race this weekend............weather is looking dry and cool-ish.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

oldironnow
Watching a little FP4.

At the start, the talk is that Yamaha and Ducati were using FP2 or 3 to simply work on all kinds of geometry settings in an effort to find a direction for 2021.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred
And from what I'm seeing Rins and Quartararo will have to go through Q1......along with the likes of Dovi, Petrucci, Crutchlow and Rossi!

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred

OUCH! That'll hurt tomorrow!

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred

With intermittent rain showers during Practice/Qualifying we have a strange grid.

Miller starting from 2nd on the grid gives me hope for him scoring well in the CycleVisor League, although I don't hold out much hope for anything close to a podium result for Quartararo starting from 11th, and certainly not from Dovizioso in 17th!

Rossi has done amazing things in the past when starting from way down the field, but I don't expect too much from him tomorrow.

With Petrucci starting from 15th, Rins from 14th, Mir from 12th and Oliveira from 10th I guess we have to look to the front three rows to expects podium contenders.(Vinales has a decent 2nd row start.........but does he still have to start from pit row in this race??????)

So, my prediction is:

1) P. Espargaro
2) Nakagami
3) Miller

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred wrote

OUCH! That'll hurt tomorrow!

.

That one hurt me just watching it. At first we thought he was really hurt because he didn’t get up real quick but I think it was just that the wind was knocked out of him. Like his brother he went right on back out.

I would of stayed in the garage on a roid donut.

So,,, there are three year old bikes in the top four spots. I wonder what the engineers are thinking?

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Watching a little FP4.

At the start, the talk is that Yamaha and Ducati were using FP2 or 3 to simply work on all kinds of geometry settings in an effort to find a direction for 2021.
That must be the case but you think they would be using this time to keep the zooks from taking the championship.
Maybe they want Frankie to do that right now. Quartararo and Vinales sure aren’t doing it now.

Maybe they are getting setup and ready for when the real challenger Marc Marquez joins in next year.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

I think I’m going for
1) Frankie
2) Zarco
3) Vinales

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred
AND..........this week Dish Network is airing the race tomorrow at 4:30am-6:00am, so I get to watch it live!!!

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

I think I’m going for
1) Frankie
2) Zarco
3) Vinales
Frankie
Nakagami
Pol The Esp

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred
Amazing last lap, I was praying Miller wouldn't over-cook it!

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO

Allred wrote
Amazing last lap, I was praying Miller wouldn't over-cook it!
Yes, yes it is was. Frankie was flawless. Very smooth from point A to point B. And on a old bike.
Quartararo dodged a pile up and blew the corner then it was wipeout trying to play catch-up.

Was Rossi even there? I think Titto was mentioned more than Rossi.
The Yammi engineers have to be sliding under the table.

Re: MotoGP VALENCIA_TWO