My Old Lady gets a new bike.

m143
Went and looked at a Triumph Bonneville SE last night.
My wife Donna has been looking for a Blue one for a while.
It was the one and we brought it home.
It's lower than the W650 that she has ridden for the last 24 years. It's got a bit more snap too.
I rode it to the shop today, I like it. This thing rails around corners.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

motogrady

Congrats Walt.

Good looking ride for sure. đź‘Ť

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

m143
Thanx Grado,
My wife's been complaining about seat height of her W650, this is at least 2 inches lower.
Nice easy fix for her.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

oldironnow
Well done !

I always enjoyed the uncluttered design. Tidy.
Easy to let the eye roam and appreciate.

Is it wearing an aftermarket exhaust?

.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Nice! Very nice. I love the blue.
Congratulations to your bride.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Well done !

I always enjoyed the uncluttered design. Tidy.
Easy to let the eye roam and appreciate.

Is it wearing an aftermarket exhaust?

.
Thanks,
Yes it has an aftermarket set of mufflers. The stock silencers came with it.
The sound is ok. But the bike really burbles and bangs on the over run. The previous owner just slip them on, no tuning.
Is it time for me to learn something about tuning modern bikes?

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

oldironnow
Did we have an excursion?
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Walt, sorry for interrupting your thread. I thought I posted this in "Last Rides".

Yes we did and I'm an idiot for doing so. I was doing 110 when I saw the arrow pointing immediate 25 mph left turn.
I jammed on the brakes started to take the curve then saw all the gravel in the curve from the gravel road.
I knew it was not going to end well so I stood it up, went off the road (with 3' drop off) at about 70, hit the 2' deep gully at around 40 and came to a stop when the front wheel got into the corn field. I would of loved to have seen a video of it instead of being a player in the game. 700 pound bikes are just no good for quick slow downs and hard curves.

No damage to anything other than my ego.
I am discovering that my reflexes have diminished in the last four years and I need to ride understanding that.
I'm not sure if it's from the dialysis or the lack of saddle time. Maybe both.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

grado
Did we have an excursion?
Holy crap.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Sounds like you did the right thing, be proud.
Too many riders just panic and let shit happen.
Glad you're ok!

Fatfatboy wrote
[...]

Holy Shit - you are still THE MAN !!
Indeed you did not panic or freeze !

110 on two-lane, saw the gravel, took decisive and precise action, … FLEW a Harley Davidson and stuck the landing…
High marks! Full points! A 10 from the East German judge.

You continue to be my hero !

(Pics?)
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: My Old Lady gets a new bike.

Thanks guys. You’re helping me get some of my ego back.
The worst part of this was there was a new rider with us.
I hope he learned from an old buffoon.

Sorry, Oldiron. No pics. I would have loved to have a video of it, though.