Naked 900cc Comparo

Mad4TheCrest
Hey gang, thought you might like this comparison test from the 'pages' of MO.  Read and discuss 😉

https://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2021-six-way-900ishcc-naked-bike-shootout

Re: Naked 900cc Comparo

motogrady

Every one of them, I'd make a few changes.
Bars, peg placement, whatever.

But, the basic package, I'd go with the green Kawasaki.
I'm partial to the transverse inline 4s.
I like a smooth power curve.

And the first thing I'd do, is paint the whole friggin thing gloss black!

Re: Naked 900cc Comparo

oldironnow
I agree:

Zed.

The character comes from the stoic userness of it.  'My uncomplaining partner in road adventure and random holliganship.'

"Suspended nicely." Handles well. No intrusive vibrations.

Talk to me about service intervals, and I bet it's down to the Yamaha and the Kawasaki, with the Kawasaki getting the nod. I've tried the Yamaha 900, and we didn't get along.

Re: Naked 900cc Comparo

I think the Triumph power curve is the cleanest and smoothest. The numbers just aren't big enough down low to please the journalists in this class. It did win 100% on power to weight ratio, though.

I swear guys, Triumph triples are amazingly fun and flexible. Not as charismatic and powerful as my favorite engine of all time - Ducati 998cc testastretta, and not as flexible or torquey as my second favorite engine - 1164cc Kawasaki in-line 4, but the overall ride quality is actually better than both of those amazing engines.

When you are riding you can actually almost forget about looking at revs and just ride. No stress. But it's not boring because that Triple soundtrack is always there.

My Daytona 765 triple has 6000 mile regular service, 12k valve check and adjust. Not an issue for me.

Re: Naked 900cc Comparo

motogrady

I'd really like to ride that Triumph. Especially it being a bit lighter than the green bike.

Re: Naked 900cc Comparo

Fatfatboy
What,, No 883? That's as naked as you can get.