New HD? Or New HD Paint?

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

motogrady
That does look good.

On the pegs.
Leaning into it, letting the bike move around.
Great scenery.

Yes, that does look good.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

New paint and not good paint either. I'll be glad when this drab color fad is over.

In the 24 line up there isn't much to choose from in paint choices although they have an Alpine Green and a Blue Burst available for select models that I like.

I don't see CVO's in the 24 lineup, yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

hacksaw
baja orange on the streetbob.
and technically on the nitester special, although thats only on the tank. fenders are black

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

Some changes to Bagger fairings this year and a CVO Pan-America that looks pretty damn good.

https://youtu.be/WZoMANhvA8s?si=EKIDRY7ySxglzHET

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

The Road Glide has some good color options and has some chrome. The front fender has been chopped.

The CVO Road Glide looks sweet.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

oldironnow
The CVO Road Glide has tasty suspension and brakes.

I could enjoy seeing the PanAm's left-side tank.

How did they manage an HD One that always leans right and points left?

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

the panam sucks imho.

the shark fairings look like shyt.

the street glide has a batwing of sorts still. thats were i would go. i didnt are for the old flt frame mounted fairing.

the batwing is fork mounted so it turns with the steering.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

The CVO Road Glide has tasty suspension and brakes.

I could enjoy seeing the PanAm's left-side tank.

How did they manage an HD One that always leans right and points left?

.

The CVO Road Glide ST makes me go gaga. A 121" motor to get a guy like me in serious trouble but at $42k msrp plus freight, setup and stick it to you fees I'm thinking it's near $50k OTD so it would have to be a 10-15 year old bike before my wallet could open for it.

I could probably build a used '17 to the same spec, and more fun than buying new, but a built one would never sell for the equal amount as one that is factory built.

I've not hear of forged carbon fiber before but the RGST has it on the front fender, exhaust tips (with titanium mufflers) and a couple other places for saving a whapping 25 pounds on a 800 pound machine.

Notice the wave rotors.
I'm trying to figure out why they went with titanium mufflers when they are usually the first thing to go on a new bike.

Harley loves to capitalize on anniversary additions and since this is 25 years since the first CVO bike, which was the '99 FXR3, there will be 25th logos on the CVO bikes. The RG didn't become a CVO until 2008. I'm not sure why but they decided to pay homage to the 2009 CVO Road Glide. Personally I'd rather have seen a FXRST as a 25th anniversary. But what do I know.

2009 CVO RG

2024 CVO RG.

The 2009 has always been one of my favorite color schemes.

Here's the left side of the Pan-Am. The 1 points opposite.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

hacksaw wrote
the panam sucks imho.

the shark fairings look like shyt.

the street glide has a batwing of sorts still. thats were i would go. i didnt are for the old flt frame mounted fairing.

the batwing is fork mounted so it turns with the steering.
If you did some serious traveling you would come to like the frame mounted fairing, especially if you rode through Kansas.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

The Pan Am is a class leading platform.
This one is beautiful.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

Thanks for the PanAm obverse image

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

oldironnow
Forged Carbon:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forged_composite

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

hacksaw wrote
the panam sucks imho.

the shark fairings look like shyt.

the street glide has a batwing of sorts still. thats were i would go. i didnt are for the old flt frame mounted fairing.

the batwing is fork mounted so it turns with the steering.
If you did some serious traveling you would come to like the frame mounted fairing, especially if you rode through Kansas.
Sorry I disagree. I had no fairing problems on my bat wing shovelhead . I didn’t go thru Kansas , but I did Iowa and Nebraska . I didn’t like the frame mounted fairing on my old FLT. I want my headlite to turn with me in the direction I am going.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

m143 wrote

The Pan Am is a class leading platform.
This one is beautiful.

Maybe w/o all that garbage luggage

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

Thanks for that. Interesting that Lambo made the first patent on it. I wonder if HD had to pay anything to Lambo for making their parts.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

hacksaw wrote
Sorry I disagree. I had no fairing problems on my bat wing shovelhead . I didn’t go thru Kansas , but I did Iowa and Nebraska . I didn’t like the frame mounted fairing on my old FLT. I want my headlite to turn with me in the direction I am going.
The batwing isn't problematic. The shark fairing is just a better performer.
I noticed it more on the highway when passing or being passed by a semi. The batwing would catch wind and wobble whereas the shark fairing doesn't.

The other noticable difference is the batwing fairing front in felt heavier in slow manuvers.
This may not of effected your batwing shovel because yours was much lighter then than the modern batwing with all the electronics.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

I just don’t like fixed fairings that don’t flow with turning the bars.

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

whatarush
Holy shit the CVO Pan Am is $9000 more then the standard Pan Am, for paint and luggage?

Re: New HD? Or New HD Paint?

hacksaw
Some people have money to throw away