New or interesting bikes

Re: New or interesting bikes

oldironnow
A shepherded excursion on two-lane.

No where near allowed to explore those questions.

Re: New or interesting bikes

Re: New or interesting bikes

oldironnow
Good to hear the small KTM has potential :)

I've been noodling over that model, too.

L.A. is other-worldly. Open and closed. Fast and slow.

For good or ill, I bet riding an R3 on them 'freeways' would be a life altering short-odds ride of survival.

Like reaching out across the dim midnight bar top for that russian roulette pistol variously chambered with slugs of adrenaline and two bullets.

Other locales - places with reasonable density and speeds - only one bullet.

Re: New or interesting bikes

Re: New or interesting bikes

I like your eloquent analogy, Oldiron. It's too true. There are times on the freeway that I feel like a stationary target in a shooting gallery even sitting at 85 indicated. Man do I ever miss the thrust of the 1198 at those times. Still, that little RC my friend pilots can thread the corners like not many bigger bikes could manage with the same control.  That's the simple charm of the Street Triple too. Trade-offs, always.
The like is appreciated.

Watching WSSP300 race, where KTM is struggling with their trellis 373cc-single against the 321cc-twin Yams and the dreadnought 399cc-twin Kawasakis, makes me wonder if Team Ascendant Orange will stuff a 400cc-twin into that nice frame?

I hope so.

That could get me off the 600cc sportbike quest.

According to an Indian website, KTM may be thinking of a 490cc-twin:

https://indianautosblog.com/exclusive-duke-490-rc-490-ktm-launch-5-twin-cylinder-490-models-p318531

Re: New or interesting bikes

Re: New or interesting bikes

Re: New or interesting bikes

If that bottom photo is what is coming to the US market for 2021, I am excited. Sharp looking beastie.
Someone with media access reach that image out to Suzuki USA.

Re: New or interesting bikes

Top one for me. I like it.

Re: New or interesting bikes

motogrady

Off some obscure website........guy says it's a prototype Triumph Trident.

Take with grain of salt.

Re: New or interesting bikes

whatarush
more on the Trident

Re: New or interesting bikes

oldironnow
My first thought was it looks like the Bronx.. did.

Re: New or interesting bikes

oldironnow
With rearsets, please.