Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

motogrady
Unlike Triumph, who went straight to America, Ducati chooses to get things started in the dirt back in the Old Country.

https://www.crash.net/moto-x/news/1055656/1/ducati-makes-major-signing-ahead-mxgp-debut-season

Re: Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

oldironnow
Do you have a take on the Seweer hire?
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

Do you have a take on the Seweer hire?
A sparring partner, brought in to give the bike time at the races to find its weaknesses, and address them.

The guy is 30.  He’s never won a title.
He’s been running the GPs for a decade.
He knows what’s up.

Do they expect a Number 1 plate from him?
I don’t think so.
His job, imho, is get the bike bulletproof and race ready.
The championships are for someone else in the future.

Re: Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

motogrady

Interesting, the different paths between the 2 brands on
how to enter the arena.

Triumph concentrated on getting a 250 ready, and went straight to America.

Ducati is bringing its 450 out first, and appears to be content with running the GP circuit.

Triumph, with its choosing the 250 East,
probably the softest National Championship series in the USA, and its variety of rider picks, may have thought they actually had a chance to win one right out of the gate.

Ducati seems to be taking it a bit slower, with a bit more a conservative way.

Re: Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

Do you have a take on the Seweer hire?
A sparring partner, brought in to give the bike time at the races to find its weaknesses, and address them.

The guy is 30.  He’s never won a title.
He’s been running the GPs for a decade.
He knows what’s up.

Do they expect a Number 1 plate from him?
I don’t think so.
His job, imho, is get the bike bulletproof and race ready.
The championships are for someone else in the future.
I love that entire post.
The first phrase told me everything I needed to know.
The rest, a cogent fleshing out.

Triumph's doing Enduro stuff too.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/469955216062071

Re: Next up. Ducati goes Motocross.

oldironnow
m143 wrote
Triumph's doing Enduro stuff too.
https://www.facebook.com/reel/469955216062071
I could see that being an answer to the wake-up call they may have received from their first MX season ... "Well, we've at least built a really good enduro bike..."
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.