Norton snapped up by the Indians

Norton was purchased by Indian motorcycle company TVS Motors for $20 million. Paid cash.
Think Royal Infield

They say they will invest in the Commando, Dominator and V4 RR.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norton-motorcycles-m-a-tvs-motor/indias-tvs-motor-snaps-up-british-brand-norton-motorcycles-idUSKBN21Z2PJ

Re: Norton snapped up by the Indians

monkeyshines
 too bad it couldn't remain a British motorcycle. Oh well, everything seems to be international now.

Re: Norton snapped up by the Indians

Yeah, it’s a shame that British history now belongs to another country.
I guess people felt the same when Royal Enfield got taken by the Indians.
I wonder if the new owners will use British engineers like RE did?

Re: Norton snapped up by the Indians

There must be some "retribution" here, India has Royal Enfield, and Jaguar, and BSA, and now Norton, is nothing sacred!

The next thing we'll hear is that BMW owns Rolls Royce, and Bentley is owned by Volkswagen!

Or that Sony/ATV owns the Beatles' songbook catalogue!

Cor blimey, wot a liberty!