Odd Things

Re: Odd Things

I was thinking Gary Nixon, but I don't think he ever did any euro racing.
Plus, I believe he passed before the blue pill.

KRoberts, he was after that time.

Who was a dirt tracker and rode street.  All of them when the Grand Nationals were in.
Mann didn't live that lifestyle. Or  Lawill.  Or Reswerber.

It's gotta be an American from the late 50s or early 60s.
I really think it's Nixon. He raced F750 with Kanemoto, and the consensus is they got the title ripped from their hands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Formula_750_season

Went over the highside in 2011.

Re: Odd Things

motogrady
<quote author="oldironnow">
motogrady wrote
I was thinking Gary Nixon, but I don't think he ever did any euro racing.
Plus, I believe he passed before the blue pill.

KRoberts, he was after that time.

Who was a dirt tracker and rode street.  All of them when the Grand Nationals were in.
Mann didn't live that lifestyle. Or  Lawill.  Or Reswerber.

It's gotta be an American from the late 50s or early 60s.
I really think it's Nixon. He raced F750 with Kanemoto, and the consensus is they got the title ripped from their hands.

Hey Oldiron, it might have been Nixon.

He had his shop on the other side of Baltimore from where I grew up.
Went there one time but it was closed.   He had a huge American flag in the window.

It's weird, my neighbor here in West Virginia lived over there, and knew him pretty good.
Has a bunch of his stuff, and said he was a real character.

Nixon had his place kind of out in the country, with a small oval dirt track in front of the house.
I've been told all u had to do to ride there was introduce yourself, bring your motorcycle, and rip off 50 push-ups right in front of him.
12