Paul Smart

Fatfatboy
Retired racer Paul Smart has passed due to injuries from a motorcycle accident.
Ride in Peace Mr. Smart.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/r-i-p-former-racer-paul-smart/

Re: Paul Smart

Fatfatboy
https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/paul-smart-tribute/

Re: Paul Smart

Allred
I saw Paul Smart race many, many times.

What irony that he ended up dying in a simple road accident. I wonder what the outcome of that investigation will be.

Driver who turned in front of him........."I didn't see him".

Or........"I was on my cell phone, and the next thing I heard was a loud crunch as this motorcyclist came out of nowhere and hit me"

Re: Paul Smart

oldironnow
Brother-in-law to Barry Sheene.

Family bench racing stories.....

Re: Paul Smart

"What irony that he ended up dying in a simple road accident"

In the comments to the CycleWorld tribute, Gary Nixon's daughter said her Dad often stated that was the way he wanted to go. Paul Smart had the tenacity and good health to be riding a motorcycle every day at 78. I greatly admire that passion, even if it did expose him to a lot of risk which ultimately led to his death.