Portimão WSBK 2021

oldironnow
Race 1 and Race 2 are very intense.

Rea has been riding more and more over his head trying to catch Razgatlioglu, and this weekend brought that tactic to the extreme. Crazy aggressive lines. Out of control at times. Tires spinning up. It's like he turned off the traction control just to try and keep pace with Toprack's series-leading Yamaha.

Strong battles all through the field.

Re: Portimão WSBK 2021

Fatfatboy
Sure, tempt me into another live feed payment. 😉

Re: Portimão WSBK 2021

whatarush
This season sure has a lot of ups and downs. Nice to see Rea having to work for it. Just wish the FIM wouldn’t hobble his bike to give someone else the championship.

Re: Portimão WSBK 2021

Turn 15 was a doozy. Some very fast crashes there. 😳

Re: Portimão WSBK 2021

oldironnow
Mad4TheCrest wrote
Turn 15 was a doozy. Some very fast crashes there. 😳
 Like zero-inclination cannon shots.

Re: Portimão WSBK 2021

Mad4TheCrest
oldironnow wrote
 Like zero-inclination cannon shots.
Great (but frightening) analogy.

When I saw Rea's turn 15 ejection on replay I thought about how good these riders get at controlling their bodies in a crash. If that had been me, every limb would be broken in multiple places. Then I thought how good it is these modern tracks have run off enough to slow them before they hit something. If Rea had hit old fashioned tire walls or hay bales halfway into that slide, the might have been his career, or worse. As it was,  if his bike had hit him ... 😳