Q&A with Jorge

As the title sayz.

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/152155/lorenzo-q-and-a-2021-ducati-return-almost-happened/amp/

Lorenzo brings up a good point about the Honda Marquez situation.
Honda is focusing so much on Marquez that their bikes are not manageable for other riders. If something happens to Marquez, like now, Honda has no bikes in the hunt. Like we have now. Basically putting all their eggs in one basket.

I wonder if this year as taught Honda to weave a different basket?

Jorge also talks about his almost turn on Ducati again. States his racing career is over.

Re: Q&A with Jorge

Allred
Interesting article FatFat, thanks for posting.

Re the Marquez thing, I think we have all known that Honda has pandered almost exclusively to Marquez. Crutchlow commented loudly enough a year or so ago, and then knuckled down and tried to adapt to the bike when he realized that Honda wasn't going to listen to him. I really can't blame Honda, because Marquez is so good that I think they were right to concentrate on his needs over and above everyone else's.

Jorge Lorenzo is an absolutely amazing rider, he has proved this time and time again when he has been able to take the first corner and lead from start to finish. He was usually consistent in practice/qualifying, and usually achieved a good grid position. But the bike has to be just right for him, and the conditions just right for him, you rarely, if ever, saw him fight his way to the podium from a poor start or poor grid position. I don't think there was any way Honda could have tuned their factory bikes for both Marquez and Lorenzo.

I have to say that prior to his current medical injuries Crutchlow was doing well on the Honda, and Nakagami has had some decent showings recently too.

I admire Marquez for his amazing riding skills, but I will never forgive him for the disgraceful way he prevented Valentino Rossi from gaining the championship in 2015 by harassing him at Sepang, allowing Lorenzo to win, ultimately making Rossi start from 26th on the grid at Valencia, and despite Rossi making up an amazing 22 places (!!!!) he was deprived of the championship!

Re: Q&A with Jorge

whatarush
Thanks for posting bro. I'll have to read that later.