Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Qatar only gets 3 inches of rain annually. The night before FP1 it seems Doha got most of it. One heck of a storm that shut the airport down most the night and blew a lot of sand on the track.

The new surface of the track is said to be billiard table smooth but the sand is not doing anyone any favors.
In FP1 the sand was being kicked up like small clouds of dust behind the bikes creating a haze in the air and making a slippery track.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

That wasn’t a congratulations slap upside the head.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Woohoo. It’s going to run to the end!!

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

oldironnow
Can’t believe i missed all of it !
I convinced myself it was next week !

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

"Screw your Mapping 8! I came to win!"

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Thanks Mr. Mad for the explanation. They planned it just right. How often does a plan come together in racing?
Hard to believe Fabio Di. doesn’t have a ride in MOTOGP next year.
I wonder if it’s because no one wants to have to keep spelling his last name on the documents.

I do have to wonder why Martin had so much tire trouble than other racers. His troubles came from the very beginning at start and he said by lap 2 it felt like he was going to crash at every turn.

I always thought the GP bikes had traction control that would help avoid the near spin out that Martin had at the start. Sure didn’t look that way for him.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

I do have to wonder why Martin had so much tire trouble than other racers. His troubles came from the very beginning at start and he said by lap 2 it felt like he was going to crash at every turn.

I always thought the GP bikes had traction control that would help avoid the near spin out that Martin had at the start. Sure didn’t look that way for him.
Maybe the computer tech guy messed up with the traction
control settings?

And the Map 8 deal, I don’t believe word of it.
He thought screw you guys, I need a job next year.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

…..eh…..jou takea 8 en chuv eet!!!!!

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

oldironnow
I just finished the Qatar cycle.
Yes, Crafar is really improving, but I’m with MG on ‘mapping 8’.
As I remember it, mapping 8 with Lorenzo didn’t mean “the strategy is perfect - go now. Let’s risk another race to win the championship in Valencia.”

That was an exceptional race weekend.

Di-Gi earned a ride, too. Happy kid.

I saw somewhere the 8 message with that team was usually
meant to pay attention, a message or communication of importance is coming from the team.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

hacksaw
i could tell you what i think of Qatar harboring hamas leadership, but i won't.
i dont follow motogp anyway, and qatar is one reason why.
people have their heads in the sand.
the bad guys are winning because not enough people give a shit.
good thing motogp isnt held in western israel, eh?

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Personally, I prefer to keep politics far away from sports of any kind (also Space exploration, but that's another topic)

I am still a bit sad that WSBK races at a Moscow venue were "put on hiatus" due to increasing tensions with Russia. I prefer to see young men (and women) racing each other around the track than firing at each other on the battlefield.

If politics and  sports must mix, then I would be in favor of a racing series that settled geopolitical disagreements. Cheaper probably than the UN, more effective most likely, and tons more entertaining. The only gotcha is I don't think the US has the talent (right now) to win and get our way. The world would be ruled by Italy and Spain.

Of course, if NASCAR is included, Yee Haw, we'd have a chance at world domination 😉
Space exploration?🤔
WTF? 😄😄

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

It’s not a matter of politics in sports. I am talking about good Vs evil .
When you support bizz ventures of entities that support
Terrorist actions like chopping off the heads of babies and even worse , you  are supporting the terrorists.
Obviously there are people whom care more about a race being held than hostages being held.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

 Space exploration?🤔
WTF? 😄😄

Lmao , I don’t get that either
He must have meant space exploitation.

Re: Qatar Airways MOTOGP

Personally, I prefer to keep politics far away from sports of any kind (also Space exploration, but that's another topic)

I am still a bit sad that WSBK races at a Moscow venue were "put on hiatus" due to increasing tensions with Russia. I prefer to see young men (and women) racing each other around the track than firing at each other on the battlefield.

If politics and  sports must mix, then I would be in favor of a racing series that settled geopolitical disagreements. Cheaper probably than the UN, more effective most likely, and tons more entertaining. The only gotcha is I don't think the US has the talent (right now) to win and get our way. The world would be ruled by Italy and Spain.

Of course, if NASCAR is included, Yee Haw, we'd have a chance at world domination 😉
Agreed.
If this was the case the US would spend $$$$ to win and would dominate.
Unfortunately Cain and Able didn’t have Ducati’s and Aprilia’s so wars started with a rock and just progressed from there.