RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred

If the weathermen are right it looks like it will be a narrow escape from the rain that is forecast to start on Monday.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

whatarush
With the testing done on Tuesday, I'm sure it will be another intersecting race.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred
I don't have access to actually watch practice but just reading the reports it seems like Quartararo, Binder, Morbidelli, Vinales and Nakagami are jostling with each other for position.

With Dovizioso, Rossi, and Rins outside of the top ten in combined practice they will have to pull something out of the bag in FP3/4 to stand a chance of a decent grid position.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Vinales and grew have decided that after three years of trying to get grub out of the rear they determined that basically it is what it is and are going to start working on the front with braking and corner speed.

 After trying a different parts (chassis, carbon fiber swing arm, exhaust) they refer back to standard settings.
I hope they find something of use.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/944702/1/vinales-finds-nothing-rear-after-3-years-turns-front?amp

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

The Yamaha trumpet

Rossi said he noticed no difference so he wasn’t running it.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Interesting stuff on Vinales' rear grip woes, he seems fast enough in practice and heads the grid once again but I don't think I would risk money on him gaining a podium place tomorrow.

An exciting FP3 with lap records being broken and several crashes with Miller, Bagnaia P. Espargaro and Oliveira (x2) hitting the asphalt.

Miller and Dovizioso had to make their way through Q1 to Q2, Miller managing to end up on position 2 on the grid while Dovi starts from 10th!

It's a star-packed first two rows, Vinales, Miller, Quartararo, P. Espargaro, Bagnaia and Binder......Yamahas, Ducs and KTMs......... the closest Suzuki and Honda are Rins and Nakagami in 11th and 12th.

Rossi managed 7th heading row 3, with his prodigy Morbidelli sitting in 8th on the grid.

So, it's sure to be an interesting race and so, so difficult to predict who will stand on the podium, I think my prediction has to be:

1) Quartararo
2) Bagnaia
3) Rossi

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred

And Dovi has this to say.......!!!!

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

oldironnow
Props to Vinales on this set-up decision. It can be tough to move on from dogma.

I get a feeling he's going to build a 'Lorenzo World' set-up; all front, all entry speed.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Bags last lap was the fastest lap in Q2 but lost it for exceeding track limits so I he will be a serious threat at race time.

I’m going with
Bags
Quart
Bender

I hope Vinales proofs me wrong.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Sorry, Allred, that would be Mir in 11th, not Rins,
My bad, yes, Mir not Rins, I'm getting my Suzuki guys mixed up.

I'm hoping Quatararo does well tomorrow, and of course Rossi, now I just need Dovi to come through and maybe I can take the lead on the Cyclevisor League!!!!!!

Looking forward to the race!

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred wrote

And Dovi has this to say.......!!!!

.
Pleasant way of flipping off the boss?

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

"I’m going with
Bags
Quart
Bender "

'Bender' says "kiss my shiny metal ass"
Binder says thanks for the confidence 😜
That’s funny.

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred
Well, that showed us! A surprise from Vinales, well done, a great performance!

So, so disappointed when Rossi fell off!

Dovi didn't do as I asked him!

At least Quartararo made the podium.......well, almost!

Lots of DNFs, the Cyclevisor League is going to be interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

How about that Mir move? Nice!

Looks like Vinales’s decision to work on the front has paid off. Now he can start making my team some points again. I just hope his back doesn’t start hurting from carrying the unemployed Dovi.

Furious Fabio,,,, stay on the black next time. You’ll be glad you did.

Rossi crashing out!? Not something we see often. And then pulling into the pits after getting back up? Just unusual.

Can anyone tell me why Tito is still employed?

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Holy slippery tear off.
Looks like it may have been tear offs that ended both Pramac Ducati’s.
A part of Quartararo’s tear off was pulled from Miller’s air duct.

Bagnaia said that he slipped on some dirt or possibly a tear off.

https://the-race.com/motogp/did-visor-tear-offs-take-both-pramac-ducatis-out-at-misano/

https://the-race.com/motogp/did-visor-tear-offs-take-both-pramac-ducatis-out-at-misano/

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Re: RIMINI TWO MotoGP Sept 20th

Allred
I've noticed that Marquez would always rip off a tear-off as he positioned himself at the grid after the warm-up lap. And, being biased and not trusting Marquez as far as I could throw him, I couldn't help but think that there was some slight "strategy" behind it. He was usually on the front row, and would sling the tear-off "casually" behind him........maybe as a ploy whereby the tear-off may possibly be a detriment to a competitor. (Hey, I did say I was biased!)

But, apart from that, I have always thought that the disposal of tear-offs were a possible hazard to riders during a race, these guys are riding at the edge of fine tuning of machine, suspension and tires and certainly don't need something like a tear-off lying on the track, or sucked into the mechanism of their machine.