Real Rides.

1234 ... 17

Real Rides.

motogrady

My neighbor stopped by yesterday.
One of the sweetest Harley's I've ever seen.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady

For the life of me I can't remember this guy's name. Doug maybe?
Dude if you stop by set me straight.
Fueling up here in Terra Alta, there is a lot of HD around.
And this is one of the cleanest ones I've seen.

Re: Real Rides.

Jimmy was waitin on his order when I stopped in for a shake.  Said he paid $4,700, came with a 3 year rider warranty, had put almost 10k on the clock with no issues, and loved it.  We talked about the riding areas, he knew where the good twisties were.  The Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor.  A deal.

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady
TJ is a Union Electrician, and has one hell of factory chopper.
I think he said it's a 2003.  103 CI motor.  From the factory.  9 foot and change long. Bought it in Texas,
It's a soft tail. I thought it was rigid.
Went over the whole thing himself.
Paint, ha, something like 10 hours painting and 14 hours wet sanding.  The krinkle effect he got with
cans from autozone and cellophane paper.  Only thing he bought was the decal on the tank.  The sissy bar, home made.  Rewired the whole thing, has the led lights going on also.

One of the coolest choppers I've ever seen.  We talked for a bit, I can't remember all of it, if TJ stops in maybe he will elaborate on it a bit.

Re: Real Rides.

That V-Rod is killer. Really a looker.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

motogrady

Saturday afternoon, hot as allget out, these 4 guys from Morgantown stopped in Terra Alta for a break.

Diggin the straight pipe on the black bike.........

Re: Real Rides.

Straight pipe on a sport bike?! Don't think I've seen that before.

Re: Real Rides.

Straight pipe on a sport bike?! Don't think I've seen that before.
Yeah, I asked him if it was a 2 stroke when I first saw it,

Those guys were flying, all 4  passed me at once in my work van 20 minutes earlier in another town maybe 8 miles away.

The last guy just squeezed back into our lane, avoiding a head on with a car coming in our direction,
all of em, wide open, T-shirt's and sneakers, never let off

Re: Real Rides.

Re: Real Rides.

Waiting around for the grocery shopping to get done I noticed this sweet Yamaha sitting in the parking lot.

"Ben" has had this bike but for a few weeks he told me.
Previously owned a 600cc sportbike, and was gonna get another one, till he saw this 900.
Said he got this 2016 with low miles for 5k.
And loves it.
Told me unlike the 600 this had the low end grunt, and was just more comfortable to ride.
Notice the shifter setup.  Also, instead of your Dads crash bars, those knobs on the frame I think he called frame sliders. No ABS, which I like, clean and simple.

I don't care what they say, naked is it.

Re: Real Rides.

oldironnow
Vertically stacked (kind of redundant) transmissions cause that shifter rod deal. The yield is a shorter engine, front to back.

There's also axle sliders to protect the front and rear bits from dragging too much.

Re: Real Rides.

Saw this one in Lowe's parking lot, here in WV. Right next to the University Campus. Blue and Gold, that's the Mountsineers colors.

Seems a lot of the young guns a bopping those frame sliders on.......

Re: Real Rides.

Saw this gleaming piece of costume jewelry while on a poker run yesterday.

1234 ... 17