Reoccurring Dreams

So many two wheeled opportunities out there. All just poking at us. Whispering in our right ear. "Buy me. You know you wanna. You know we will be great companions. We will see great things, cover great roads and not have a care."

For me one of those is the Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster. I rode one on a demo days a few years back at a Triumph, Ducati, Aprilla, Vespa dealer and have not been able to shake it off.
The power of this three cylinder beast of a motor that when reved gives the bike a twist and the one grip rises higher than the other and you know this thing will rocket your arse into ludicrous speed with a tree trunk dragging behind.

Unfortunately/fortunately I've been seeing Rocket 3's popping up on Craig's List, Marketplace and eBay for some really fair prices and not a lot of miles. Just poking at me and calling me by name.

Today Marketplace kindly informed of a nice specimen 3 hours ago that is $7,500.00 with only 14,500 miles.

Unfortunately I've but myself on bike hold to try an get the house paid for by the end of this year so I guess I'm going to have to take a nap and dream.

So, do you have any reoccurring dreams?
Or dreams that came true but became nightmares?

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Allred

Paying off the mortgage as soon as possible is always a good thing, and I would encourage you to stick to your promise to yourself to have yours paid off this year....................................and then you should go out and buy a REAL Triumph triple...............the 2,500cc 2019/2020 Rocket 3!

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

oldironnow
"So, do you have any reoccurring dreams? "

All.
The.
TIME!

There's a piece of paper taped to a kitchen cabinet with sevenseven ideas I'd like to explore.

I, too, am engaged in trying to kill the death payment.
Might as well, now; can't go anywhere.
And.
The money I won't spend on house payments would equal a new 600 sportbike, every year.

The downside of paying-and-playing is that the house will still be a fixer upper.

Maybe I just won't give a damn. Frankly.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Allred wrote

Paying off the mortgage as soon as possible is always a good thing, and I would encourage you to stick to your promise to yourself to have yours paid off this year....................................and then you should go out and buy a REAL Triumph triple...............the 2,500cc 2019/2020 Rocket 3!

I agree. Get the new, sleek version.
Flip those mirrors down and freight-train around the States.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

motogrady

I've been having these dreams, with past girlfriends showing up in them.......and they ain't safe for a work setting.   Was gonna tell Donna about them, but have second thoughts doing that....

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Allred
I have a recurring dream that doesn't include motorcycles, but it does include a car.

In my recurring dream I need to go somewhere but don't have a vehicle, but to my utter surprise when I look inside the garage there is my old car from 50+ years ago, the first car I owned. I'm puzzled because I could swear I scrapped that car all those years ago, it was old, worn out and so rusty it wouldn't pass the annual inspection, and so I scrapped it. And yet here it is sitting in the garage.

It looks to be in pretty good shape, I get into the car and the interior is quite nice, I press the starter button (yes it was that long ago) and the engine starts and idles smoothly. I set off to where I need to go and the car is performing extremely well, the brakes perform well despite being sat for all these years, the gas isn't stale, the tires are properly inflated, the paint is in good condition. I'm quite puzzled as to how this can be, but, not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I drive happily along and decide that I will continue to use the car from now on.

Then the dreadful realization suddenly sets in.....................the tags are 50+ years out of date, and now I'm paranoid that I will get stopped by a traffic cop and have to pay not only the 50+ years of back costs but also the additional late charges and penalties!!!!!! I'm completely freaked out and wake up in a sweat!!!

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

That’s funny, Allred.
The fear of having old plates. I remember that all too well. Used to be a feeling I felt all to often in my younger days.

When they started using new stickers in lieu of new plates every year a colored marker and some smooth touches with a sharpie could extend a set of plates until the next rain.
At least that what a friend told me.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Maybe I just won't give a damn. Frankly.
uhmmm,, not a bad idea. A hose, a garage and a warm place to sh!t is all a guy needs,,,, oh,, and the queens pool. Gotta keep that going.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Motogrady,,, I think your second thoughts is good thoughts. No since in going there.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Allred wrote

Paying off the mortgage as soon as possible is always a good thing, and I would encourage you to stick to your promise to yourself to have yours paid off this year....................................and then you should go out and buy a REAL Triumph triple...............the 2,500cc 2019/2020 Rocket 3!

I agree. Get the new, sleek version.
Flip those mirrors down and freight-train around the States.

That new one is a sleek looking machine. It kinda has that Diavel on steroids vibe.

Speaking of Diavel. That is another of the bikes in my dreams,,,, that I fear would become a nightmare of police, tickets, jail and lawyers.

While out riding yesterday, with no place to go, I decided to stop by a local dealer that sells mostly big side by sides to the farmers but also dabbles with Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha. I just wanted to see what was in their trade in stable.
There was a 2013 Diavel Cromo sitting there in all its chrome and carbon fiber glory.
Only 2,683 miles on the clock with a asking price of $7,999.00.

Fortunately for me one salesman was busy selling a one of those side by sides to an older fella and the other one was busy playing with her phone to bother with me.

Re: Reoccurring Dreams

Motogrady,,, I think your second thoughts is good thoughts. No since in going there.
After careful consideration my friend, I tend to agree👍

Re: Reoccurring Dreams