Rotary Racer

Mad4TheCrest
Check out this quick look at a boutique rotary racer that touts amazingly potent specs:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/crighton-cr700w-rotary-motorcycle/

Should/could rotaries be allowed in prototype racing? Is there a technical pathway to rotaries coming back as road legal mounts?

Re: Rotary Racer

Allred
I'm guessing that with the fickle computer-controlled fine tuning that today's super-high-horsepower machines need to stay ahead of the competition, the high-revving, low torque Wankel engine would be quite unsuitable in today's racing environment?

It has been around for many years now, and I would have thought that if it ever had any advantages they would have been recognized/utilized by now.

As for road use, I don't think there is a large enough motorcycle market for them to be viable, and in the automobile world I think emissions are the biggest stumbling block, plus in today's apparently successful turbo-charger fad for more horsepower from smaller engines I don't think the rotary engine could get a look in.