Serious Dirt from Italy?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady
I think it’s just the swingarm is manufactured by Beta.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady

Some are sayin no valve springs will make it the highest revving bike out there.  Others are saying the motor looks heavy.  Apparently the company that owns Ducati also owns some high performance car manufacturers, delivering the wow factor, justifying a high price.

Whatever, it sure is pretty.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

oldironnow
VW Group
- - - Audi
- - - - Ducati
That’s the ownership structure.

The head looks sandcast.
And I bet the calls for it looking heavy come from a generous front-to-back width in the head.
If it’s Desmo, maybe that system requires a touch more distance between the camshafts.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady

I believe it is Desmo.

The article I saw that on had a very basic diagram of a desmo motor.

I thought wow, how the heck do they keep everything in tolerance?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

Grado,
I dug further and it's Beta Tools not Motors.
Anyway nice that the sport is drawing attention.

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

motogrady
m143 wrote
Grado,
I dug further and it's Beta Tools not Motors.
Anyway nice that the sport is drawing attention.
I wonder why they put that on there.
Maybe Beta Tools is a sponsor or something?

Re: Serious Dirt from Italy?

hacksaw
they make specialty tools and kits for HD.