Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

m143
Checked out a shed full of old bikes for sale.
I spotted this body and had to have it.
Owner said it would fit British bikes, we'll see.
Thing is in great shape, I'm leaving the dirt and debris for a while.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

motogrady

Look underneath.

Tracy bodies most had a tag or mark under
the last coat of fiberglass resin.
Sometimes denoting the bike it was made for.

Cool piece for sure.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

motogrady

A guy would almost have to buy a bike that that was made for, just to install and look at it.

Hell of a find Walt👏🏻

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

The bottom offers no clues.
Look maybe repainted?
Maybe wall art.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

motogrady

I thought we had a Tracy thread here.
I looked but no.

There is a guy out there that was part of it.
I forget his place or site.

But I did run across this.

https://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/lifestyle-motorcycle-cafe-racer/tracy-fiberglass/

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

motogrady

Look at the Norton in the ad.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

Very cool find. It would be cool to find a bike that it fits and for it to be back on the road. Great piece of history.

It sure does look like the one in the Norton ad. Another great find.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

I'm hoping it fits my TR6R Triumph.
It doesn't have a tail light though.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

m143
I cleaned a little and it appears painted black, with some gold metalflake gelcoat taped off.
It shows some pink and blue metal flake under the repaint also.
I wonder what it originally looked like.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

m143
Even the seat's cool.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

That is just so cool. You could put that on just about any turd bike and it instantly would be the coolest bike in town.

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

motogrady
Hey Walt if you read the article it says something about they put a business card or model note under the tank and sometimes inside the tank, visible by looking in the fill neck.

Thinking about it that fiberglass is like, what, 50 years old maybe. It might be too old or brittle to actually use.

But then again, weren’t the older Corvette cars fiberglass?

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

oldironnow
I remember Tracy Bodies ads in CW.
The one for the SR500 always caught my eye.

http://zzchop.blogspot.com/2016/07/thursday-tracy-bodies.html?m=1

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

Inside is coated with kreme that has failed and flaking off.
Underneath has signs of repair that might have covered the logo.
I want to see how it fits on my Triumph, might be fun.
Thanks for the input guys.
I love this place!

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

hacksaw
It looks to me to be OIF . it may fit 71-72 BSA 71-? Triumph
I am going by dual petcock which suggest Brit bike , and the round hole which may be access to the oil filler .
The one other thing , these other pictures of catalogue bikes
Don’t show cut outs for the shocks that m143
Body has .

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

Look at the Norton in the ad.
Doubtful

Re: Shed Find Tracy Fiber Glass

hacksaw wrote
It looks to me to be OIF . it may fit 71-72 BSA 71-? Triumph
I am going by dual petcock which suggest Brit bike , and the round hole which may be access to the oil filler .
The one other thing , these other pictures of catalogue bikes
Don’t show cut outs for the shocks that m143
Body has .

Good points.
I saw a similar body on a HD the rear shocks fit in cut outs.
It could be a Flat Track frame (Champion).
I hope to try a test fit on my Triumphs soon.
Thanks for the input.