Sidecar Insanity

Allred
A little slow getting started, so jump to 2min 50secs if you want to get to the race start.

Some excellent footage of just how crazy sidecar crews are.

Appropriately, Brit Dave Molyneux's outfit is a right-hand drive, which means that they have to go into right handers with the throttle closed, and left handers under acceleration. You can see plenty of evidence of this in the footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxcUGdEf524

Re: Sidecar Insanity

motogrady

Holy crap.

Re: Sidecar Insanity

oldironnow
oh... I needed that this weekend.
It  fits my 'too much coffee in my blood' moment.

And, I've been turning over sidecar design in my head for the last month, too.

So many thoughts and dreams.

Thank you

Re: Sidecar Insanity

oh... I needed that this weekend.
It  fits my 'too much coffee in my blood' moment.

And, I've been turning over sidecar design in my head for the last month, too.

So many thoughts and dreams.

Thank you
OldIron, You may enjoy this brief overview of outfit design.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2AJxdhRKE

Re: Sidecar Insanity

I really need to not watch things like this while on dialysis. Really jacks the blood pressure machine up.

You got any under water basket weaving videos to share?

Re: Sidecar Insanity

I really need to not watch things like this while on dialysis. Really jacks the blood pressure machine up.

You got any under water basket weaving videos to share?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFayNRoFb9E

No subaqueous weaving hints, but here's an above-terrain sample.

This basket weaving lark isn't as easy as it first appears..........first you have to cut a tree down! Then labor cutting strips, soaking them, drying them, shaping them, and then hours and hours of fiddly stuff, it's enough to make someone a basket case!

Re: Sidecar Insanity

Allred wrote
oldironnow wrote
oh... I needed that this weekend.
It  fits my 'too much coffee in my blood' moment.

And, I've been turning over sidecar design in my head for the last month, too.

So many thoughts and dreams.

Thank you
OldIron, You may enjoy this brief overview of outfit design.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2AJxdhRKE

Thank you! More fuel for the fire. I didn't know about F2.

Re: Sidecar Insanity

Allred
More sidecar racing, this time some short-circuit racing from Oulton Park from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00UJqaDZ-Is

.