So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

oldironnow
So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

Maybe a Stacyc first, but I would want to get my granddaughter a traditional motorcycle right off.

21-ish months now.

The window of opportunity will be opening soon.

My son rides, and is onboard, and I would like to have a moto on hand for her, to see if the interest catches.

Looking for your knowledge. What's a good path?

Re: So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

motogrady

Seems like I've heard these mentioned quite a bit as a good starter.  3, 4 years and up.

Congrats dude!

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/trail-motorcycle/models/pw50

Re: So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

 Yes, congratulations, man!

I too was going to say the PW50. A good starter buying from a reputable company that can be bought new for $1,500.00 or used for as little as $700.00.
They have an adjustable throttle and automatic tranny so makes them perfect for a starter bike.

I see used ones pop up on CL and FB quite a bit.

There is also the cheap Chinese throw-aways on Amazon that can be had for less than $400.00 but they can be sketchy.
Here is one with pretty good reviews plus it has some assembly required. Who doesn't like putting a new bike together?

https://www.amazon.com/SYX-MOTO-Holeshot-Automatic-Transmission/dp/B08R91JJ3J/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=mini%2Bbike&qid=1609089976&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyU0NZSTFHVU9KV1VMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzU2OTUzMUhQT0lQMTVISFJERiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDg0NjAzMVg5QU5MWktQNlpITiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1&psc=1

I can't wait to see photos of Papa Iron teaching the youngin how to ride and the big grins on his face!

Re: So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

Good on you. I enjoy motorcycles with the kids, this worked for us:

We started with push bikes first, the kids were about 5 before they rode a gas bike as they call them.

Strider first. The kids kinda walk along on the bike, no pedals banging their legs, and no training wheels.
The boys spent a lot of time on their Striders. The local BMX Club ran classes for push bikes. I put ski kits on them in the winter.

We had great results with OSET’s. You control ground speed, torque, and response. Electric is not very intimidating and the kids got good on it in short time.

Grand kid #1 started on 12.5 at 40 months. #2 took that one over at 36 months.

A TTR 50 became #1’s ride, electric start helped. Kid learned about chokes and cold starting, and shifting semi auto.

Then a 16 inch OSET gave #1 a capable Trials mount. The woods are rough where we live live and trials bikes work good here. #2 now rides this one.

1974 Yamaha TY80, now 7 years old #1 kick starts and shifts the 4 speed.

All the while I got them on all kinds of bicycles, scooters, skate boards, anything with wheels.

Unicycles this X Mass, a big challenge.

ENJOY, post pics. Have fun!

Re: So, What's The Best Gas-Powered First Moto for The Youngest Kids?

oldironnow
Thank you all! Thank you for the congrats.

Good to hear from you , M143.

I always lean towards Yam. Glad to have this feedback.
Supports splitting everywhere.