Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Had a teaser pop up on my phone from Road Racing World about an article they have in their November rag Anya Harley Davidson top secret Motogp project.
I’d like to read this one unfortunately there is no where near me that carries magazines anymore.

https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/harley-davidsons-top-secret-world-superbike-motogp-project/

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Allred
THAT..........is very interesting!

And a great looking bike!

If only.

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

motogrady
Ya,   Very interesting.

First thought was, is this April 1st or something?

Imho.....a very good looking bike.

It being a vtwin, I dunno.  From what I've read in the past, you just can't get the Hp out of a vtwin like you can an in-line or v4.

Then, there's the reference to it being a Motogp bike.

I mean, would that not be cool?

I'm sure Dorna would make a place on the grid for them.  But, look at the money, time and effort Ktoom and Aprilla have invested.
Knowing their track record with that kind of stuff, it's hard to believe they would stick it out for the brass ring.  One would think they could drop 50 million in the first 2 years and still be mid pack.

But dayuum, wouldn't that be the greatest?

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Thanks to my brother, Whatarush, who has a digital subscription to Road Racing World I was able to obtain the article.
 I took some screenshots of it and hopefully you can read it by zooming in on it which is what I had to do to read it.

If you can’t read it let me know and I will try something else on a PC instead of my phone

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Allred
It's "readable" but only just, the image sizes are just so small, probably need to make them twice the size, or twice the resolution.

Interesting info on the "Meredith effect" hollow tube frame design, radical for 2001 but maybe would not have that much bearing with today's 290+ hp MotoPG bikes.

Rotating the engine to position the heavy crank forward is reminiscent of Ducati's similar move a few years ago.

With the phenomenally high cost of MotoGP involvement, maybe it was a wise decision not to move forward................or maybe not?

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Sorry, thats the best I can get. I can email anyone the pdf. if they want it.

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Allred wrote
Interesting info on the "Meredith effect"
.
That was a new one on me. Pretty interesting design.
I'd like to know how the pneumatic valves would work.

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

oldironnow

Just got home and found this bad-boy in a stack of mail.

Can't wait to dig in!

This brings back a memory of 2001. Then, at CW forum, i wrote a fictional HD press release describing HD revealing that a handful of their engineers had decided to keep working on the VR1000 in their off-hours after the factory had abandoned AMA racing. As a result, 'HD' was 'announcing' their entry into WSBK, and i closed with a quote, something like, 'we expect to be quite competitive in Superbikes, and with the advancements we've made, MotoGP is within reach.'

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

oldironnow
The more I think about this HD project, the more pissed I get.

Why does every action by HD have to have that Buell "Different In Every Sense" feature?

Why couldn't they have just built a normal effin' motorcycle????

I mean, WTH?

That must be a large factor in my enthusiasm for the Pan America....

"Unbelievable - There's not three crankshafts and a spinning gyroscope."

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Why couldn't they have just built a normal effin' motorcycle????
Because that would not justify the "Premium" cost, is my guess.

Or they want to stand alone. If you want to blend in, ride the bus.

Re: Teaser! H-D Motogp project

Why couldn't they have just built a normal effin' motorcycle????
Because that would not justify the "Premium" cost, is my guess.

Or they want to stand alone. If you want to blend in, ride the bus.
True - that works for the cruiser market.
But racing is measured by time and distance.
There are nil point for style.
Supports splitting everywhere.