Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
This weekend, and it looks like the schedule has Moto3 and Moto2 racing on Saturday, with MotoGP being the only event on Sunday,

2022 -

https://youtu.be/Hq2s59xWg6o?si=hfx6I9NmmcmqK

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

That makes for a busy Saturday. I wonder why the switch?

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

That makes for a busy Saturday. I wonder why the switch?
With only one race on Sunday, I bet they want complete flexibility to get the title race in on Sunday, for ticket and feed contracts.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

whatarush
They are still running the main races on Sunday. I believe you are looking at “your time” and not “track time” as my app is showing the following.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
AH, yes. Thank you for the clarity, whatarush

It's my first season with the app.

It seems to not be deftly juggling the days of the races when I toggle from my time to the track time.
It seems to me that Track time should have all the Sunday races on that page.

The MotoGP race for me is the only event for me at 1 a.m. on Sunday.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

Tasty choice right dar.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
During the Practice session, Crafar went on a tech jag, detailing the relationship between top-out springs to balance fork/tire movement for harmony in movement.
Too much spring rate flexes the tire. Too little spring rate causes pogoing.

Also, this circuit is in the top-three heavy braking tracks, and the huge brakes are radiating heat into the rim and cooking the tire.
So Bagnaia switched to a white painted, finned front rim.

IMG_5861.mov

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

Did you see one of those Ducati’s disc cooler fairings wack Marquez in the shoulder?
Came off Martins bike and hit Marquez in the unprotected area of the shoulder.
That’s one way to keep Marquez from being a tow. Throw motorcycle parts at him.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
I saw that.
Very much a Biker move.
Drop large dia ball bearings in front of tailgaters.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
Another Crafar statement was that Quartararo told his team to put on less aggressive two-year old aero, since the Yam doesn’t have the extra HP to spend push the current setup through the atmosphere.
And he seems faster.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

That was a fantastic last five laps.
Bender giving the Ducati’s a what for the best he can. Now if Yamaha and Honda could get together we would have moto3 type racing with the big boys.

I guess Bezzechi’s shoulder is holding him back a bit.
I expected a little more out of the  Aprilia guys.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
I watched the last of the race on my phone in an airport.
Beside myself with joy.
What a great battle!

Aprilia seems to be on or off.
Didn’t MM and Quart run higher than usual of late?

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

whatarush
That was a fantastic last five laps.

I expected a little more out of the  Aprilia guys.
I agree…I wish they’d get rid of the spec tire rule, I feel the racing would be even better. Having to wait 2 1/2-3 years or Michelin to develop a front tire is pathetic. Last I seen it is do out 2025 😳

Apparently all of the Aprilia riders were claiming that the heat from the bike were affecting their bodily performances.

https://www.the-race.com/motogp/felt-like-i-was-dying-aprilia-heat-problem-at-critical-point/

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

Wow! Breathing in 150 degree air at that pace is insane. Warrior's I tell ya. Real warriors.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

oldironnow
Somehow divert some of the stupendous engine output into a suit cooling system ?

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

motogrady
You’d think a small air scoop throwing fresh air in a guys face or something would do it.

Here in America, at the Motocross Nationals,
 the factory teams have 55 gallon plastic drums filled with water for the racers to take a dip in and cool off between motos.

Re: Thai MotoGP 2023

You’d think a small air scoop throwing fresh air in a guys face or something would do it.
I imagine that it would effect aerodynamics. When .001 of a second is the difference between a win and a 2nd place everything counts no matter what the rider has to suffer through.