The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

motogrady
For maybe the last 10 years there has been
a get together and ride for a few guys that are into bikes.

It’s held here in North Central West Virginia.
It started with the MountainFest events held in Morgantown.

They were pretty heady.  I think it was the 2nd one we had Willie G. and Gov. Joe Manchin ride it. Now that was cool. Willie and his wife on what was probably the sweetest Orange and Black Road king I ever saw.
He and Manchin led the ride, escorted by 4 West Virginia State Troopers.  Rode straight thru every traffic light in every little town on the route.

The next few years the emphasis was on the Vintage and,
I’m not gonna say quirky, elite might be the better word.
Indian Chiefs to Honda Cubs to street legal Harley XR750s
were the ticket.

When MountainFest went the booze and wet tshirt route,
we split and have since did our own thing.

Is it now as heady?  Exotic?
No, it’s not.

But it’s still held in the last of July.
No drinking.  We take off at around 8am.
150, sometimes 200 miles, thru some  of the best back country riding there is.

Just a bunch of guys, like mentioned, that are into bikes.

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

I KNOW THAT BIKE!

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

Good variety of stallions.
ewwweee,, those Orange 883’s. Probably one of the best looking sporties ever. I hate seeing them with ape hangers and forward controls.

Looks like a great time.

Re: The Annual Skyranch Ride 2022

I KNOW THAT BIKE!
ya. Old faithful.
I picked up a Suzuki 450 TL last Spring.
But after working on it I just didn’t have the time to get it ready. Looks like it needs a black box ignition part.  I have juice going in but nothing coming out.
Shame too, I can tell, just wheeling it around it’s a better fit for me at this point in my life.
A lot lighter, a lot lower.
Plus, I’m sure I’ll mess with a few of the diehard HD guys.
Next time.

Hell, the Honda I just put a battery and 2 gallons of 93 in it
and it fired off.  I had rebuilt the brakes over the winter, the fronts were dragging a bit.  And got worse the hotter they got.  I’ve crashed because of a sticking front stopper before.
Gravel or wet and a sticking front brake will have you on your ass before you know what happened lol!

That 883 is a cheater bike.
The guy said it was slow as a snail when he first got it.
He knew a guy that wrenched HD in a small shed behind his house, that owed him a few favors.
That 883 is really a 1200.
Cool bike for sure.

Here’s a few more, fell asleep posting last night.