The British Super Bike

British super bike is not something I'm used to hearing but that is what the new Norton Motorcycles is bringing out in 2022.

Not exactly what I was expecting to see come out of the India/Norton company. I commend them for not doing a retro Norton.

Lots of carbon fiber, Brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension, a 6" screen with a review camera and a 1200cc power plant with 185 HP and 92 ft.lb.
And no monster muffler.

No price but I'm sure it won't be cheap.
I wonder if Cal ends up with one?

https://www.nortonmotorcycles.com/range/v4sv/

Re: The British Super Bike

oldironnow
Euro 5 is a harsh mistress.

Re: The British Super Bike

Re: The British Super Bike

Wow, that is a nice looking machine, and it checks all the boxes with 1200cc, V4, 185bhp, etc etc.

I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber, so I think I'd go for the "Manx" version with its silver bodywork and red wheels.

Re: The British Super Bike

The Norton V4 has been around for a few years now - I think since 2016 at least. Norton ran it at the IOMTT for a few years, at first with an Aprillia V4 engine in it, until they had their own V4 ready.  I don't remember whether Norton got this V4 into full production before their demise and resurrection by the Indian company, but at least a few found their way into owner's hands. I believe the asking price when under the previous Norton management was $40k or 40k euros. Not Cheap, but they justified it by throwing titanium bits everywhere.

Here's the now infamous Stuart Garner talking about the V4RR, four years ago:

https://youtu.be/7voQGmCVwWg

Reading the financials of Norton through the years it sure seams like there as been some shady dealings going on.
I hope they can make a go at it this time.

Re: The British Super Bike

oldironnow
That 1902 Norton logo pairs up well with the Oak leaf Harley-Davidson logo.

Re: The British Super Bike

Re: The British Super Bike

Here's an updated look from A&R:

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/norton-v4sv/

Thinking about those specs and the cost, I would rather get the Triumph Speed Triple RS (or the RR) at only about 7 bhp and 1 lbs-ft less but a fair bit cheaper and more dealer support.

Yeah, that would be the economically smart way to go but will the Triple grab more attention and be more impressive at the coffee shop or bike night?
That’s what this Norton is all about, me thinks.