The End of an Era.

For 2025 American Fat Track has banned racing only engines leaving the Indian FT750 track sided.

https://thevintagent.com/2024/09/19/end-of-an-era-flat-track-on-the-indian-ft750/

All engines must be a production made engine so Indian will have to produce a 750 to stay in AFT.
Really sucks for Indian and all the folks that have spent their funds on FTR750’s.

It would be cool if Indian produced a FTR750.

I thought they did have a kind of street version.  No?

Re: The End of an Era.

oldironnow
They do have a streeter 1200
The race 750 inspired it, but the architectures are as dissimilar to each other as the Britten was to a Ducati WSBK bike.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: The End of an Era.

motogrady

Well, since HD doesn’t have a 750 street or production model, they both need to make new models?
Or change the class to 1200cc?

Re: The End of an Era.

Re: The End of an Era.

HD has (had) the XG 750 motor from the Street 750 so I believe it counts even though it’s not made anymore.
They are still sold on eBay if you wanna go racing.