There’s a revival coming.

Re: There’s a revival coming.

The last boattail I came across went on eBay and ran up
To $15k but didn’t hit reserve.
The value of the old shovelheads have come down in the last few years so I’m sure this affects the price of these as well.
A few years ago they were hitting the $25k numbers.

When I was looking for my first Harley at the ripe ol age of 19 I came across a boattail shovel that I could of bought for $2800.00. I thought it was hideous then and considered it thinking I could buy and loose the ugly fender.

I ended up with a $1,500.00 Sportster. Duh 🙄
I have to admit that at 19 the first thing on my list would be to get rid of that god-awful fender.

And back then $2,800 would probably be enough to buy a three bedroom house, so I wouldn't have to worry about that fender anyway!

Re: There’s a revival coming.

Allred wrote
I have to admit that at 19 the first thing on my list would be to get rid of that god-awful fender.

And back then $2,800 would probably be enough to buy a three bedroom house, so I wouldn't have to worry about that fender anyway!

.
Interesting how the passing of years your values change.
At that time I was doing everything I could to scrape up enough money to get a Harley. This was just before the wild craze and high prices of Harleys started. I scraped up $1500 and the hunt was on.

For $1500 I could get a sporty. For $2500 I could get a big twin. I wasn't waiting another year to scrounge another $1000. I had to have a bike then and now.
I rode that $1500 sporty for 10 years. Kicking it to live every time we hit the streets together. Rode it to many bike rally's, parties, back rode puttin and even took it to bike week for the 50th anniversary.

I'd give a lot more to have it now. Especially since I live on a steep hill and kicking wouldn't be required.
Man that thing could kick.