Tired of tire pressures

hacksaw
Non actual MC topic , but it could relate to any vehicle .
Jeep.
Tire warning lite is on . After driving the interstate for almost an hour we stop to check pressure. I top off all 4 tires to the listed on the inside of the front door to 35psi. The warning light stays on . We come home the next day using same vehicle . Light on all the way home .
I let the car sit for a couple of hours . Check the tire  pressure . All 4 tires at 33 . Which to me seems normal cold.

I believe- listed tire pressure is 35 MAX
33 should be fine
One or more if these pressure indicator valves are  bad .
Any thoughts?

Re: Tired of tire pressures

oldironnow
If the spare is the same as the road tires, check it.

Re: Tired of tire pressures

My daughters Cobolt had the same issue. It was a bad sensor. The car is not really worth putting the money in it to fix it.
When the car market settles down she plans to just trade it in and the dealers won't give her much for it whether that sensor is fixed or not.

Re: Tired of tire pressures

whatarush
My Tacoma has TPMS and has a reset button on the dash. I believe the Jeeps button is under steering wheel?

Re: Tired of tire pressures

hacksaw
IDK???
I thought the problem is in the individual valves.
Idk about the spare . I will check that if it ever stops raining
There was something once about a button under the steering column on jeeps to allow the steering column to be released. We were stuck . But we didn’t find it.

We also have a battery light intermittently on. Tge chadging system has been checked out . 🤷🏼

Re: Tired of tire pressures

Krhguzzi
   We just replace a TPS on the 09 Subaru, cost out the door was 72 bucks at Discount tire. The sender do fail after a decade.

Re: Tired of tire pressures

hacksaw
Never had this problem before on my old cars and trucks.
Modern BS. Oh well.
How can they be checked?
Maybe I will have the put snows put on early .