Tried ordering tires lately?

Fatfatboy
Seems to be a tire shortage going on. I've been trying to get a Dunlop for the front of the road Glide before it goes to market and have not been able to find one. They are on intergalactic back ordered.

These are American made tires so I know that they aren't floating around waiting for an open dock.

I did some poking around and guys have been looking for these things since as far back as last August.
I did find someone on eBay that supposedly has them for about $125.00 more than the normal $130.00 price tag. I can't do it. I hate being overcharged just because. I had to switch to a Metzler.

I don't like having different brands from front to rear but in this case I guess I'm going to have to.

Anybody else been having issues with getting new treads?

Re: Tried ordering tires lately?

oldironnow
I'm running a new Metzeler front with a Michelin Road5 rear. Keeps me going without drama. I will switch to all Metz' in the future. I like the way it feels and have always liked the brand.

Are things really made here?

I'm just thinking off the top of my head, but maybe the carcasses are built up elsewhere, shipped, and then final-molded here.

Knock-down manufacturing works for autos and many other things.

Re: Tried ordering tires lately?

oldironnow
Roadtec 01

Re: Tried ordering tires lately?

whatarush
Dunlop’s US tire come out of Buffalo NY. The Q3+\Q4’s are one of the best tires I’ve ran, which is made in the US. But they are costly. I’ve been running Bridgestone T30 & S22’s. The $50 rebate per set (up to 3 sets) is hard to beat.

Buffalo NY plant
https://youtu.be/-K24yYsvc38

Re: Opinions on Road 5 Trail tires?

Mad4TheCrest
Hey Gang,

The Tiger needs new buns, and I am considering Michelin Road 5 'Trail' tires. Days anyone have knowledge of these tires used in the skinnier tire sizes?

My option is a set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 tires, which is going a bit back towards OEM.

Re: Opinions on Road 5 Trail tires?

motogrady
Cant help you on that guy.
I’ve been using Bridgestone Spitfires for a good while.

Tire wise, I’m in good shape.

I’ve stuck with Bridgestone because I believe that is what Honda came with.