Trikes again !

Re: Trikes again !

Well F2-
You made a point out saying many older people bought trikes and traded them back in when they found out they weren’t going to help them keep riding .
That they were too much work at speeds.
And you had the bobble head stuff mentioned.
So the impression I have from reading all that is telling me no trike For me.
Now I have known you long enuff to know you don’t make stuff up . I believe what you wrote .
So idk what you are trying to say now.
At this moment in time I have decided to forgo a big trike . And it is based upon a lot of what I mentioned  you said.
Backpedaling does not become you, old friend.

Yamaha , the 250 mentioned is high on my list . It was never out of production .
Honda makes a 230? XL230L I believe. Got to be a lot lower than  a Buell!!!

A big problem with 2 up riding is that an unfortunate situation would affect you both .
When my wife and I started having babies that was a big reason we cut down drastically on 2 up .
Just wasn’t worth the risk .
As to other concerns , I retired over 20 years ago while she has kept working . With Isabel off to school I sit here alone more than ever .  She just turned 50 . She could if she wanted to , get her own ride.
None of this is really that important . I ordered some knee sleeves off Amazon . Perhaps I will be on the road again soon. However I doubt balancing her pillion is in the future.

Re: Trikes again !

Never been on one.
Or an ATV.
Me either.

Re: Trikes again !

I wasn’t trying to back pedal. My apologies if it sounded that way.
My point is some guys love them and put lots of miles on them. Others buy them, ride them for awhile, and decide it’s not for them. That’s why there are many for sale with low miles.
The 7 year old Freewheeler that I purchased only had around 1200 miles on it. I think we only put 2000 miles on it in the short time we owned it.

If my wife didn’t ride with me I would have stayed on two wheels, I was riding the Buell solo, but she enjoys riding almost as much as I do.

When I get to that point again I’m can’t say never to a trike again but if I have a choice it will always be two wheels. Even a little one. Even a scooter.
Maybe even a three wheel car, with a door.

Re: Trikes again !

hacksaw
The question is why is it not for them?
3 wheel cars?
I would think your t bucket would be a lot cooler . Did it have doors?

Re: Trikes again !

Nope. It was a climb in and out. The steering wheel came off to give room with the push of a button.