Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

Back when you had to wait a month or so to get a glimpse of what happened.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

oldironnow
I think that bottle is a compressed air bottle with a hose and a schrader valve.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady
Thank yo so much for that Oldironnow.

I knew there had to be more than I could see.
The air bottle……..and quick release wheels, back then the rider and only the rider got I think 15 minutes each day to work on the bike.  Most of the bike had a weird color paint paint on the bolts so they could not swap stuff.
You could get ahead on time, pull over and work on it on the side of the road or trail. But if yo went over and did not make the next checkpoint on time, sorry Charlie, points penalty. The more under you were supposed to get there, or over, penalty.

If you could not change a tire in 4 minutes, including
removal and reinstall of the wheel, by yourself, you were not competitive in the ISDE.

You had to be able to ride for 6 days, about 150 miles a day, by yourself, with no help from anyone, on the bike you started out on.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

oldironnow
Amazing !!
What about parts ??
Carry them as well ??

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Amazing !!
What about parts ??
Carry them as well ??

.
Ya, spark plugs. Master links tire tubes.
The major stuff, suspension, motor they wired and tagged or painted. In one of those pics he has what looks like tire spoons wired to his crossbar on the handlebars.

The air canister actually was hi tech and some would say borderline cheating back then.

Most carried a bicycle hand tire pump.

They still run it.
Now it’s the ISDE.
Like many things in life, it’s a bit more civilized now.
Guys can change your tires with a machine.
You can use a kind of GPS instead of a wristwatch to keep
track of your time.
I believe you can have a mechanic help at days end.

Still, one hell of an event.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady

Sorry bout gettin sidetracked guys.

But, back in the day, ya, Triumph was a big player in that thing.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

TR 6 Trophy is the bike. Idk what that set up is, odd looking carb too.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

The 2 guys that will ride the first Triumphs
in AMA Supercross/Motocross.

https://mx1onboard.com/breaking-triumph-confirms-its-first-two-riders-for-ama-supercross/

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Joey was I think a 250 AMA Champion one year.
Did it on a satellite team.
The factory Kawasaki team signed him and he rode for them I believe 2 seasons in the 450 class.
He just never took control of the factory 450.  He had good finishes but got hurt a few times.
When he didn’t deliver a championship Kawasaki kicked him to the curb.

He’s doing good in a new World Championship League,
riding for what amounts to dealer/shop team.

He now is dropping back down to a 250, for a full on factory team, riding against some of the best riders on the planet, looking to win an American Championship.
Where, I don’t care what anyone says, the best riders on planet earth are.

Evan Ferry, Tim, his dad rode mainly factory Yamahas, always a top ten guy, maybe won a championship.
I believe Tim’s Championship is a kind of trivia fact.
Failed to win a race the whole season, but won his Championship with consistent good finishes.

 Tim was always imo, just too nice both on and off the track.

Sometimes, you just gotta say f&@k it, go for it, right or wrong, to become one of the really greats.

Hopefully young Evan will. He’s a real unknown really,
a young kid, untested in the top ranks.

All in all, good picks fromTriumph imho.

Best of luck to both of them.

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

m143
Agreed Grado,

I like Triumph's approach, should be interesting!

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

motogrady
m143 wrote
Agreed Grado,

I like Triumph's approach, should be interesting!
Maybe hold the presses on that rider thing Walt.
Rereading that article, if you look at the date,
it was written back in September.
And it’s a Spanish website.
And there is no word, anywhere else, and I looked around,
of who Triumph is gonna use as riders.
Yes, mentions,rumors of Joey a bit,
but there has been no factory press release or big Statesside website saying much.

I guess we wait.

Maybe a call to Dorna about Daytona, and another to Triumph Monday is in order……

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

hacksaw
I haven cross referenced , but there has been a few articles out lately on the riders for triumph

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

Maybe a call to Dorna about Daytona, and another to Triumph Monday is in order……
That literally is a good idea.
I’ve communicated with Dorna before and have received human replies.
I suggest interested people message Dorna.

https://www.motogp.com/en/contact

Re: Triumph 250 motocross bike pics.

I think Triumph is running the 250 sx east,
Which goes off early February.

If they are running west we will see them early January.

Either way, here’s their riders.

https://youtu.be/u1ZsP-BNgOs
12