Using a MC for work

m143
I ride a motorcycle to work as often as I can.

My regular work day sees me headed into the shop in good sturdy clothes.

I have a side gig as a Justice of The Peace. Doing those jobs I get to wear my best clothes.

Re: Using a MC for work

Allred
Long, long ago, for 7 years I rode from Hawthorne to Burbank in LA (and back!) as a daily work commute. I was lucky enough to start work at 6:00am, and get off at 2:0opm, so most of the time the traffic was pretty good.

The summer rides were great, shorts, tennis shoes and a tee shirt, although summer temps can be 110F in Burbank and 75F in Hawthorne and the drop in temperature in just 30 or 40 minutes feels quite dramatic. In the winter the weather in Burbank can be damned cold with sub-freezing temps and a 5am commute meant full gear!

Back then I rode my '86 R1000, and then later used my trusty Nighthawk for the commute.

Re: Using a MC for work

Sharp dressed man right up there.

I’ve become more of a fair weathered rider in the last year but I do ride to work if it’s going to be dry.
Rode in yesterday and today. Feeling it.

Re: Using a MC for work

Allred wrote
Long, long ago, for 7 years I rode from Hawthorne to Burbank in LA (and back!) as a daily work commute. I was lucky enough to start work at 6:00am, and get off at 2:0opm, so most of the time the traffic was pretty good.

The summer rides were great, shorts, tennis shoes and a tee shirt, although summer temps can be 110F in Burbank and 75F in Hawthorne and the drop in temperature in just 30 or 40 minutes feels quite dramatic. In the winter the weather in Burbank can be damned cold with sub-freezing temps and a 5am commute meant full gear!

Back then I rode my '86 R1000, and then later used my trusty Nighthawk for the commute.

Is that Hunter Thompson with the peak model of the UJM ???

Re: Using a MC for work

Re: Using a MC for work

Kawtippin
That was the bike I wanted back in the day. I got so anxious for one but had to settle for the 500 as even those were flying out the door. I still need to buy one, just to check that box.
 Nice ride Allred!

Re: Using a MC for work

Kawtippin
 If I/we come for a visit/ride this year, you'll have to be hush hush about that side gig of yours. 😉😁

Re: Using a MC for work

Kawtippin.......Yes, back then everyone was buying the GSX-R750 or GSX-R1100 but I just loved the look of the 'Saki R1000. It was a really nice machine, sporty seating position yet still comfortable, very fast for the day, nice torquey motor, excellent brakes, handled superbly, it really was a fantastic all-around bike.

Oldiron...... Hunter Thompson............hmm, yes, I see the resemblance!

Re: Using a MC for work

Re: Using a MC for work

m143
Profound

Re: Using a MC for work

oldironnow
He was quoting a Hell's Angel in his book The Strange and Terrible Saga

I wish I could find which Angel said it, but I think it may have some bathroom graffiti.

Re: Using a MC for work

m143
Shop parking.

Re: Using a MC for work

That’s beautiful Walt.

Re: Using a MC for work

m143
Thanx Kirk

Re: Using a MC for work

Rode out to my friends Dairy Farm and picked up milk.
4 half gallons fit nicely in the tail bag.
(Camera orientation on this site is maddening).

Re: Using a MC for work

^The German version of the Moo Glide

Re: Using a MC for work

m143 wrote
(Camera orientation on this site is maddening).
Oh that's just your slant on the subject! (sorry had to do it)

My experience is if the image is oriented "correctly" it will be displayed that way............does the site flip images? I haven't found that.