Victory Vegas Advice

oldironnow
A fellow at work asked my opinion of Victory motorcycles.

He wants to buy a 2009 Vegas.

The thoughts of the board?

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcd/d/salinas-2009-victory-vegas/7177778494.html

Re: Victory Vegas Advice

motogrady

Dunno much.  I thought they got bought up by Polaris or something.

Re: Victory Vegas Advice

Re: Victory Vegas Advice

oldironnow
Thank you.

As the caretaker of an orphaned bike, I told him he needs to find out about service and parts from the local Indian dealer.

I don't see much in the way of "Victory Vegas Sucks!" on the 'net.

That's my go-to search engine test; put 'sucks' after the noun and see what people have posted.

The guy was into sportbikes a while back, but a knee injury won't let him keep the leg folded.

As an alternative to owning a cruiser, I suggested pick something from the ADV world.

Re: Victory Vegas Advice

They are great bikes with out any major flaws. It is hard to find shops to work on them.
If you’re the wrenching kind that shouldn’t be a problem. Typically there isn’t much to fix.
Oil
Tires
Brakes
Ride
Repeat.

Just be aware that if there is something major that goes wrong be prepared to wait for parts.