WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
China Racing rolled out during World Supersport 300's free practice at Assen yesterday.

Shengjunjie Zhou, riding the KOVE 321RR ended up at the bike of the pack after 60 minutes, nearly four seconds of the lap times of the leader. (And, yes, I could do worse by minutes.)

Cycle World review of the possible R3-clone here:

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-news/2021-colove-321rr-sportbike-details-china-debut/

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

motogrady

It’s infuriating to me.
It really is.

Stupid fu:@s with the comments over there.
“It’s Chinese.  I’ll never buy one.  It’s junk.
It will never sell.”

Posting from a phone or computer made there.
With a good chance wearing shoes, socks jeans and a shirt made over there.

What’s sad is we here in the States are so self absorbed,
so blinded with false pride it’s we that can’t compete.

I better stfu……..

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
I see your point, and about five others.

It all makes me go 'hmmmmmmmmmm.'

The constant change in the air is getting more noticeable every day.

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
WSBK -

Bautista and Ducati appear to be running several generations ahead of the decade-old Kawasaki and Yamaha, as the Italian bike can effortlessly float along and then pass at will when either Rea or Razgatlioglu make a lunge to the front.

The other Ducatis scrabble around in mid-to-top-third.

Gerloff on the BMW, with its long walrus-whisker-length aero wings that almost touch the track at the apex (ground effects?), continues to hang out in the single-point section of the field.
van Der Mark, also on the Bavarian brand, had an ENORMOUS highside in Race 2 at the Gert Timmer Chicane, and for his effort earned a broken left femur and a salute from the crowd as he was loaded into the ambulance.
Baz, also riding Roundrel, lost it at large-speed numbers.

Rea binned it while chasing in third.
Petrucci is said to not be getting along with WSBK-spec machinery; with discretion, he survives races to the finish.

Locatelli, Bassani, Aegeter and Gardner shadow the lead trio.

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
In the Restrictor Plate class (commonly known as WSSP300), the action was close.

The track is weird enough to pull a gap, and tight enough to not get away.

trim.MOV

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
trim.MOV

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
trim.MOV

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

It’s infuriating to me.
It really is.

Stupid fu:@s with the comments over there.
“It’s Chinese.  I’ll never buy one.  It’s junk.
It will never sell.”

Posting from a phone or computer made there.
With a good chance wearing shoes, socks jeans and a shirt made over there.

What’s sad is we here in the States are so self absorbed,
so blinded with false pride it’s we that can’t compete.

I better stfu……..

.
The cover of this month’s Roadracing World has a naked Triumph on it, and it reminded me that the first Bloor bikes had Kawasaki GPZ900(?) look-alike engines.

And in Race 1, the Kove had a result not unlike the early Ducati 851/888 ‘ignition failures.’

trim.MOV

Re: WSBK Assen 2023

oldironnow
trim.MOV