WSBK Estoril

Re: WSBK Estoril

oldironnow
Just finished race Two.

Gerloff is well-earning a reputation for chaos!

I dig the stout nature of the ZX-10RR take on aero.  Maybe Marketing got a win in an effort to get downforce and maintain a distinctive look.

Re: WSBK Estoril

whatarush
There has been some great racing so far this season. It was nice seeing the race one winner make the right tire choice for the race. But not so good trying to box it out the JR in race two.

I missed not having the 300's this round.

Re: WSBK Estoril

oldironnow
whatarush wrote
There has been some great racing so far this season. It was nice seeing the race one winner make the right tire choice for the race. But not so good trying to box it out the JR in race two.

I missed not having the 300's this round.
I agree! If I'm watching one WSBK race, it's the 300s.

I wonder why they were not included?

Re: WSBK Estoril

oldironnow
HA!

A very good replacement for the absent 300s is 600SSP's Race 2.

Re: WSBK Estoril

whatarush
<quote author="oldironnow">
whatarush wrote

I wonder why they were not included?
I read somewhere that quite a few of the teams couldn't make it do to covid restrictions.

According to the schedule the 300's won't run at Great Britain, Navarra, Argentina, and Indonesia. (only WSBK is running @DB)

Re: WSBK Estoril

oldironnow
I see.

Also, keeping that gaggle off the plane to Indonesia and Argentina saves a bit of cash.

Keeping them off of the new-to-the-series track at Navarra will likely keep the race weekend on schedule.
Supports splitting everywhere.