Webley-Vickers

Here’s one I never seen or heard of.
A 2000 cc V-Dub powered bike from the 70’s.
It’s built with a BMW chassis and apparently back in the 70’s you could buy complete bike or a DIY kit

https://www.topspeed.com/this-vw-powered-cruiser-was-a-nightmare-for-harley-davidson/

It’s coming up for auction later this mont.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0123-540162/1953-webley-vickers-vw2000/

Video
https://youtube.com/shorts/I_I9WzJDhz4?feature=share

Re: Webley-Vickers

motogrady

Looks like a cross between a goldwing, motoguzzi and ultra glide.

Weird seeing a car emblem on a bike. 🤔

Re: Webley-Vickers

oldironnow
Nightmare? This...?

I thought bowling balls were Harley's 1970's nightmare?

Re: Webley-Vickers

i think there was another vw bmw that came out of florida. that sold many more than this one. but i cant recall.
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: Webley-Vickers

I did some googling and couldn’t find anything about a company in Florida that produced a veedub bike but discovered that there were a lot of folks doing it. Even found a FB group.

Von Dutch made one.

Re: Webley-Vickers

oldironnow
I like the black one.