Your Next Bike?

Re: Your Next Bike?

oldironnow
Maybe, just maybe, Harley releases a sporty-ish bike with that 1250 engine AND that variable suspension set-up.

Re: Your Next Bike?

Re: Your Next Bike?

Crazy thing is Indian is already close with their FTR. All they need to do is drop the flat track pretense - along with a few pounds, add a bigger gas tank, use normal wheel sizes, and they are there.
and drop the seat height. At the current 33.7” it is just to tall.
I checked them out when they first came out at the dealer. I didn’t even bother to get on the thing.

Rumor in Europe is Harley is bringing the Nightster name back, after dropping it in 2013, and using it on the new 1250 lineup.
I doubt it will have any great suspension bits.
Probably have to wait a year or so for the aftermarket to catch up.

Re: Your Next Bike?

Re: Your Next Bike?

oldironnow
I just feel that with HD offering the actively variable ride-height feature on the PanAm, and the press raving about it,

combined with all the MotoGP start-squat launch-assist mechanical shenanigans,

shows that soon all the manufacturers could be on the same wave-length to increasing the pool of potential owners.

Re: Your Next Bike?

Seat heights are one of the main reason I’ve stayed in the Harley camp.
Plus the just look good sitting in my garage.

Re: Your Next Bike?