ZCYM

Stands for Zuhzhou CF Yamaha Motor Co., LTD.

A conglomerate company with CF Moto owning 50%, Yamaha owning 44% and Tair Yea Limited owning 6%.
Back in September Yamaha announced its joint venture with CF Moto to build Chinese bikes for the Chinese market.

https://www.advrider.com/yamaha-issues-statement-on-deal-with-cfmoto/

Re: ZCYM

oldironnow
600,000 vehicle output.

Re: ZCYM

Wow! Looking around the WWW it looks like CFMOTO is taking over the motorcycle world. They are in over 100 countries.
I've seen a few here and ther poping up on Market Place when scrolling through. I never knew they were so dominating.
My neighbor just bought one their UTV's. He seems to like it.

I also noticed that Ronnie's HD, who's microfiche site I use, also has a microfiche site for CFMOTO's.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
Well it’s the Chinese commie party that is bent in taking over the world.
Why support their industries if one can help it? Plenty of other moto manufacturers out there.
I would rather walk.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw wrote
I would rather walk.
I agree. Unfortunately the Chinese are making some cool motto’s, even an Evo sporty engine, for cheap prices that appeal to people who would rather ride than walk.

The Japanese did the same thing after WW2.  Remember when everything had Made in Japan stamped on it.
Then China took their place.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
Sure. People sell out easily.
Pre war imperial Japan was more akin to todays China.
Post war Japan rose from its defeat .
China is still using slave labor and expanding their empire.
Plenty of solid used sportsters around. No need to by a Chinese clone.

Re: ZCYM

and at one time the US did the same thing to the world with our cheap immigrant and slave labor.

Re: ZCYM

I wonder if there was ever a world power that did not at some point step on someone to get the great power that they were/are?

According to Wikipedia in 2013 there were 25-40 million people enslaved. The majority of this from Asia.
Though we freed the slaves in 1865 we continue to support it by purchasing so much Asian products.
It would be great if we could show the real truths on this to the world, and to us. Maybe then there would be a change in the products we purchased.
I'm probably just looking through dirty rose colored glasses to think that it's possible.

It saddens me to think that my own hard earned dollars have contributed to this evil practice as I know I have Chinese products in my home, business and even in my right pocket everyday by carrying my cell phone next to my American made Buck knife. Heck, the damn computer I'm typing this on and used to make mine, and 30 or so employees, well being is probably poisoned.
Can we get away from it? How can we?

At least our tools are American "made". Probably from imported parts.

Gosh,, this is getting depressing and it's only December 5th. Come on spring!

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
You are right .
My way of doing it is I buy American or at least non main land Chinese when there is an alternative .
Not much else I can do . I figure all the little crap China sells here likely keeps them somewhat in line. If we stopped Chinese imports they would have an uprising .

As to immigration and slavery in America’s past , I don’t see how that justifies slavery anywhere in the world today.
M123 must feel Irish immigrants were better off starving on Ireland during the potato famine than becoming firemen or police or building the eastern half of the intercontinental railroad here in America .
don’t forget it was Africans themselves that did slave raids and sold them to Dutch and others .
Slavery has affected all societies since Roman times and Egyptian times before that . That’s if you believe yule brenner and Charleston Heston .
All before my time (not the movie )
I can only deal in the world as it exists today.
I prefer not to buy commie Chinese goods when an alternative presents itself. That’s not political , it’s my personal position .

Re: ZCYM

m143
hacksaw wrote
M123 must feel Irish immigrants were better off starving

I prefer not to buy commie Chinese goods when an alternative presents itself. That’s not political , it’s my personal position .
How the heck did you jump to that conclusion?
My Grandparents immigrated from Eastern Germany. My Grandfather was a highly skilled Toolmaker and worked in the ball bearing plant (New Depature), creating some of the best bearings in the world. The UAW got involved, and soon after that the bearing business was taken over first by the Japanese and now the Chinese.

I manufacture components in Connecticut. Not only do I avoid Chinese material, ITAR and other regulations require us to certify the country of origin, Chinese steel is not allowed.
For me it's more than personal preference.

My point about Colonial and early America was that European workers were artisans and craftsman making things one at a time, and as individual pieces.
Americans figured out a better way to produce goods, and eventually overtook the world as manufactures.
Mass produced clocks were developed right here in the area where my shop is today. The Woodworks were considered pieces of crap by the French clockmakers. Eli Terry sold them by the thousands. He was able to keep the cost low with inexpensive semi-skilled workers.
We consider Terry the father of modern mass production.

Enough of this, I'm waiting for 50 degree weather by the end of the week so I can enjoy my made in Thailand Scramler.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
Well you mentioned cheap immigrant labor and slaves .
So I was only pointing out cheap or not , many immigrants came as skilled workers .

So I am glad I got you to post your reply.
It’s a good one and describes many immigrants whom brought skills to New England manufacturing.

I agree unions shot them selves in the foot.
My great grandson father was a tool maker whom came in from sveden Thru Ellis island . He worked many places including Winchester and high standard , retiring in his 80’s from mossberg ,
My grandfather worked for new haven clock and eventually a draftsmen at mossberg creating the 500 shotgun .
I worked at mossberg myself for a summer .
A non union shop !!!!

Anyway I am no stranger to the history of immigrant contributions to what was once great manufacturing in New England .
I think I read Remington , as a result of a sandy hook lawsuit , agreed to leave town.
Terrible on both sides.

Again, I am glad u spoke up . Sorry for the way I contributed to it . But you posted a great read !

Re: ZCYM

I love my High Standard. Corporate takeover killed that Co.
This one is a 1974, made in Hamden CT.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
Yes indeed .
I meant great grand father . Not son.
But that’s a nice pistol u got there’s
Anyway there was several factories along with high standard  where the railroad serviced them all . Now it’s a rail to trail. Drug pusher area down that way toward newhaven .

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw wrote
….eventually a draftsmen at mossberg creating the 500 shotgun .
I worked at mossberg myself for a summer .
A non union shop !!!!
That’s pretty cool. I have one. Great shotgun.
Which reminds me,, I need to clean it. I did a charity clay shoot recently and didn’t get a chance to clean it afterwards. Thanks for the reminder.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
I actually have one sitting in the box. I have never used it .

Re: ZCYM

And this Old Svedeish chain saw is a monster.

Re: ZCYM

hacksaw
Well indeed it is. I loved the chrome tank svedish huskies.
The husky that made that saw diverged from the motorcycle  company many years ago .
The saws might still be made in sveden . I don’t know.