Zero-to-60 in 1.99 seconds!

Allred

Amazing that an "over-the-counter" car can whoop a Hayabusa and/or 'Saki ZX-14R.

Re: Zero-to-60 in 1.99 seconds!

Re: Zero-to-60 in 1.99 seconds!

Allred

A 4,766lb car with a 0-60 in under 2 seconds and a 1/4 mile in 9.23 is definitely "Ludicrous"!!

But then again I guess the Hayabusa and 'Saki ZX-14Rs are hardly "ordinary".

Re: Zero-to-60 in 1.99 seconds!

oldironnow
My daughter/SonInLaw bought a Tesla awhile ago.

Before that purchase, they shared some video of a guy on (I think) a Kawasaki going through the entire crossing paths, and the challenge, and the Tesla stomping the literbike in all tests to the amazed humor of the rider. Unbeatable.

It's all about the brushless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-n0AHfllIY

Re: Zero-to-60 in 1.99 seconds!

The performance of these electric cars and bikes are amazing. The flick of a switch and they go and go now but the sound of suck, bang, blow is where it’s at for me, especially in the V8 and V-twin categories.

In my T-bucket with its 400 small block in its 1750 pound gocart I jamb the peddle to the floor, rev it to its limit and run it through the gears 1, 2 and 3 I listen for its exhausted breath blowing out the side pipes and I laugh out loud, every time.

In a drag race my V6 challenger would beat my T-bucket after the first 10 feet by a long shot. It’s amazing the power that can be had out of these modern engines, and still get 25+mpg but when I jamb the challenger peddle to the floor it only makes me grin and I don’t get the pleasant whiff of burnt fuel.