des Nations 2024

motogrady
Ha!  We were close.

Besides the ISDE, the only motorcycle event where its Nations against Nations.

Predicted to maybe squeak a top ten, the USA reminds everyone we are still there.
Most were saying France. Spain maybe. The Netherlands,
Ha!

Hats off to Australia.
The Hunter brothers, after racing since they were little kids
all over Oz under their dad’s guidance bring home a MXON Championship for the first time ever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tO2UzjBhuw&pp=ygUETXhkbg%3D%3D

Re: des Nations 2024

motogrady

Back in the 80s, we pretty much owned that event.
But, tides change.
Still, we haven’t done too bad in the last decade or so.

https://mxgpresults.com/mxon/

Re: des Nations 2024

oldironnow
Where is Ironman, USA ?
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: des Nations 2024

motogrady
Indiana.

It’s a track that this year was the last round of the US Motocross Nationals.

They also run a GNCC, Grand National Cross Country.
Cross Country, some call it Hare Scrambles,
you ride flat out thru the woods and pastures for 2, sometimes for 3 hours straight.

I can’t remember the guys name, but they called him The Ironman and won the series/Championship a few times back before they ran motocross. They were a GNCC track before MX. The guy was such a beast when he passed away they named the track after him.

Re: des Nations 2024

Indiana.

Cross Country, some call it Hare Scrambles,
you ride flat out thru the woods and pastures for 2, sometimes for 3 hours straight.

That sounds fricken idyllic !
Hours of free riding in the green East.

October... Might be good to get back to the Midwest, catch this and pick off a football game, too.
Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.

Re: des Nations 2024

whatarush
I believe his name was Bob Sloan. They were talking about him when I was watching the races.

Re: des Nations 2024

oldironnow

Sloan link

Choose to Ride. Supports splitting everywhere.