1979 SR500

SpiesLives
Hey everyone,

It's the mysterious SpiesLives. I've been trying to get my engineering degree while raising a 3 year old and trying to leave a shitty job at the same time. I graduate in a month which means I can watch more than 10 laps of a race before things spin out of control each day. This means I might be able to watch a race and make a relevant comment here that isn't weeks late, too. Pretty cool.

I do have a one off post here to see if anyone could help me out. To leave my crap job, I have to get an engineering job but I've only managed to secure an internship in Madison for the summer coming up. So, the whirlwind for me starts again and I'm selling everything I can to make the move there from Green Bay, Wi. Alright I'll get to the details.

I'm selling an awesome condition 1979 SR500 that I got from Bob Dylan's guitar tech who lives in the Astor Park area out here. His garage was purely Triumphs and I managed to embarass myself when I went back to pick up the bike and asked how Paul Simon's show in Eau Claire was that weekend. The seat is original and looks brand new, it has new tires, and everything is in great condition. It's been a great bike out here but I left gas in the carb, I tried starting it once, and I can't let it sit or go to a kid who's gonna lay it down and turn it into trash. If one of you guys could rescue it or know someone who could I would be so grateful. Huge first post, my bad. I'd be super happy getting 3k for it, but I'd be most happy with it leaving to a good home.

Let me know if these images work

Re: 1979 SR500

motogrady
Hey Spies lives yo bro!

The carb thing, it’s a single.
Pull it and do it yourself.
It’s not all that.

The pics are fine.
Apologizes for the quirks here.
If they come up sideways go back to your pics.
Bring it up full page, the pic that is.
Take a screenshot and put that in images when
you post a pic, it puts it right side up everytime for me
that way.

Nice bike you have there!

Re: 1979 SR500

SpiesLives
Will do! If I still have it at the end of this year I’ll try to tackle it for sure.

Re: 1979 SR500

Re: 1979 SR500

That’s a nice specimen.  It would be a shame for it to end up in the wrong hands.

Good luck on your new journey. I hope you can find a way to hang on to your SR.

Re: 1979 SR500

SpiesLives
I'll probably see how well they kick start it and go from there. If it's not sold, I'll be hitting you guys up for some advice on getting it road worthy again. THanks again!

Re: 1979 SR500

hacksaw
$1500
rising crime rates are hurting American moto enthusiasts.

Re: 1979 SR500

Someone’s been on marketplace too long.

Re: 1979 SR500

SpiesLives
Marketplace is the best place to pick off something cheap from desperate people for sure

Re: 1979 SR500

SpiesLives
I’ve only got a few weeks before I switch towns for the summer but I’d be down to prep this to ship if we did $2k and you covered the shipping costs. Let me know hacksaw