2024 Daytona 200

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
IMG_8713.mov

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
IMG_8711.mov

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
IMG_8721.mov

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

motogrady

Shaping up to be the best thread in any moto site by far.

Yeah. That’s right.

Any site.

Thanks Oldiron. I know it isn’t easy getting the stuff you are👍👏🏻.  Great work!

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
Wow!
What a compliment!
Thank you so you much 👍
Coming to it with fresh eyes has to be the difference.
It’s all cool, and I want to see as much as possible.
It’s fun to revitalize old journalism training, looking for the story and the light.

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

Terry Vance, looking and moving good !

Floating fish, heading upstream from parc fermé to post-race tech.

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
Lace ‘em up, boys.

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
IMG_8813.mov

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

motogrady
In your own words.
From the hip.
How you remember it.
Trials, tribulations, tid bits of note.

How was your trip?
How was Daytona?

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

In your own words.
From the hip.
How you remember it.
Trials, tribulations, tid bits of note.

How was your trip?
How was Daytona?
Something i wrote last night:

Hello Dean,

Epic.
Thumbs up on my first Daytona.
I forced it into my life.
Yet even as I trudged through airports, ambivalence stalked me. “I should be riding… am not doing this right.” But walking into the pits on Thursday night made my spirits spark.
The people!
The light!
The quiet few in the garages, in their own race. Thinking of the recent Ryder Bol d’Or story featuring Andrew Gadd, i tried to capture the murkiness of the scene with my camera, hovering softly, asking gently, intruding quietly, moving on…
Through the years, I had heard the testimony from those who made it to this mountaintop, who had been these crouching figures in the dark.Yet again and again, I deferred going to Daytona, for decades…
CW, Cycle, Motorcyclist, RW, Soup…
Kevin Cameron, John Ulrich, Dean Adams…
They told me to go for the Sound. The machines. The engines.
Friday and the daylight brought this.
The frenetic wail from a horizontal metallic avalanche. A howl held in the bowl of the banking. Building and wavering. The shriek dopplers in and around, out and away, reaching into the chest to grab the wings of the heart and make them ache with desire for some reason.
Lust?
Jealousy?
Respect for madness?
Pain for a lost love that was never realized?

… I went to the Shrine; it was better than they said.

Re: 2024 Daytona 200

oldironnow
IMG_8865.mov

Re: 2024 Daytona 200