AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

oldironnow
A sidecar racer informed me that AHRMA roadracing is pulling out of the Western United States.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

A sidecar racer informed me that AHRMA roadracing is pulling out of the Western United States.

.
 Did he say why?

From the AHRMA website; the association has grown steadily over the years, reflecting the increasing interest in classic bikes.

Seems odd to start pulling out when they are in a growth.

There is some choice machines you photo'd. I'm partial to that dragging Ironhead. Interesting swingarm and brake setup.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

motogrady

Some beautiful stuff right there.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

Some beautiful stuff right there.
Man, truth speakin’, right there.
And I always enjoy the rat-bikes.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

A sidecar racer informed me that AHRMA roadracing is pulling out of the Western United States.

.
 Did he say why?

From the AHRMA website; the association has grown steadily over the years, reflecting the increasing interest in classic bikes.

Seems odd to start pulling out when they are in a growth.

There is some choice machines you photo'd. I'm partial to that dragging Ironhead. Interesting swingarm and brake setup.

He said they got hit with a $2M bill/fee/judgement or something. People left.
It may also be a decision to focus on the east.
I looked into the miles to hit all the races on the calendar - huge number for a west coast person.
I think Tennessee is the geographic center of the east coast AHRMA tracks.
The sidecar pilot said there’s only three rigs left on the west coast. Three of the rigs were offered to me for sale.

I love the stance of the Iron Drag. Posted it for Hack.
Just noticing the swingarm, brake and (?)struts. A lot of Storz in it.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

A sidecar racer informed me that AHRMA roadracing is pulling out of the Western United States.

.
 Did he say why?

From the AHRMA website; the association has grown steadily over the years, reflecting the increasing interest in classic bikes.

Seems odd to start pulling out when they are in a growth.

There is some choice machines you photo'd. I'm partial to that dragging Ironhead. Interesting swingarm and brake setup.

He said they got hit with a $2M bill/fee/judgement or something. People left.
It may also be a decision to focus on the east.
I looked into the miles to hit all the races on the calendar - huge number for a west coast person.
I think Tennessee is the geographic center of the east coast AHRMA tracks.
The sidecar pilot said there’s only three rigs left on the west coast. Three of the rigs were offered to me for sale.

I love the stance of the Iron Drag. Posted it for Hack.
Just noticing the swingarm, brake and (?)struts. A lot of Storz in it.
Well, that organization has had its share of drama and litigation.  And then some.

20 years or so ago they were sued by some rich guy,
a lawyer I think.   For some reason AHRMA wouldn’t let him run his bikes in vintage roadracing.
They lost big time on that one if my memory serves me right.

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023

Re: AHRMA Laguna Seca 2023