AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady
Kinda long, focusing on the 450s, a pretty good primer for what's what in the big boy class this year.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/league/supercross

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
The Supercross guy at work says he's ready for it.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

The Supercross guy at work says he's ready for it.
Yeah. I'm ready also.  Cabin fever settin in.

Joined one of the biggest leagues a few days ago.  Wanted to see how a big site does it.
Had to research SX a bit, have been slacking on it, the head seems to be more into the pavement lately.
Passed on the money for prize stuff, doin it just for fun.

Grados picks for this week.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady
Reasons on the picks.....
The 250s.
Forkner......young up and comer, cocky and a fast front runner.
Craig.......a 2nd generation rider, his old man was good back in the day, a veteran now himself.
Neese....good mid pack rider, just had a feeling.
Stonier.....ah, I like the name.

The 450s.
Webb.  Lost the number 1 plate last year.  Cocky and as fast as they come.  He wants it bad.
Tomac.  Yeah, he's a slow starter, but, he's Tomac.
Ferrandis.   The Frenchman moves up to the big bikes.  He's a take no prisoner rider.  Fast as heck.
Ozbourne.  At the top of his game for the last 2 years or so, thinking he's gonna do good this year.

Holesgot picjs..... Forkner, he a good starter.  Roczen, a season off to really real his busted up body,
always a good starter.

Justin Barcia, on the new GasGas brand, their first foray into American racing, 2nd guessin myself to the moon on him. Wish I could fit him in. He's gonna do something.

Let the games begin!

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
Thanks for the insight.

Now I have informed points of conversation!

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

I tell you guys, I almost set us up over there.
They run different leagues.  Some you pay for. Those pay prizes.  I think they call it The Championship League.

But, even in the free, or casual league, they offer anyone to set up their own kind of mini league.
There are a few shops, a few with just guys that apparently know each other, quite a few with only 2 guys in it.

I entered in the biggest free league, Stanktech or something. Mainly because there are about 2,000 guys in it.  It appears we could create our own Cyclevisor.com league over there. Race among ourselves, and anyone else that would want to join.

We have 2 days if u guys want me to set it up.
You pick 4 guys in the 450s, 4 guys in the 250s, at each weeks event.  You can change your riders as much as you want, every week, or just let it ride.  If that ain't enough, FFL, or holeshot guy in each class can give an additional points if you guess right, and take points off if you're wrong.
PulpMXFantasy League.com I think it's called.
All u need is an email address and a username.
3 or 4 of us want in, let me know here.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
If we're in, I'll give it a go.

I'm totally blind to SX.

But it sounds like you may be able to get an asphalt angle going, and for that I'm definitely in.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady
Ok.
Its created.
Sign up.
Sign in.
Go to the 3 slots or menu upper right on screen
Click on dashboard
Click on leagues
The list is alphabetical. Cyclevisors are on page like 30 or something.
Click on join
Pick your team. 4 250 guys, 4 450 guys.  At least 1 all star each class, they’re marked.
There are 2 signed up already. motogrady and cyclevisordotcom.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
I need a link of some kind.

I can't find the access point.

"Where's that confounded bridge?"

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady
👍

That's a strong 450 team you got there.

The way guys are handicapped, the fact riders can be changed every week, good grief.

It's like gambling in horse racing almost.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
Damn it.

I didn't realize I needed to pick every race.

There's no hope now.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady
Wut?

I changed up the second round, but, it would not let me make all of my picks.
Said something about I had this rider on my team the previous week.

Plus, I thought you could just let it ride, your team pics.
I did get an email from them, but Round 3 and 4, I just ignored them, figuring what I had was good.

I tell ya Oldiron, that league, with all the guys you gotta pick, plus the handicapps they give, that change every week, along with the points given or taken if you call the hole shot in the mains, geez.
You gotta really be in it.  And even then, there are so many variables, who can predict all that lol!

I know one thing, I've been watching the races, and boy, they have been pretty Effin good.
Showed the last turn block pass Webb threw on Roczen last week, for the win, to Donna.
"Effin cheater, you can't do that, that's called cheating!" She yelled.

"No honey, that's called racing." I had to tell her lol.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
I've been so busy, I blew off those emails, too.

I will have to take a stab at it for the rest of the season.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

oldironnow
That's a good link.

They make it looks so smooth and easy.

Indeed, I, too, believe that was a natural racing pass. Wilson must've been on his own planet at that point.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

motogrady

Ya, Wilson, he put out a Instagram or something, I saw the quote, saying how sorry he was blah blah blah.  It's not like he was moving all over the track, he was holding his line, so I thought.

Myself, Roczen was just as much to blame.  Especially late in the race.  Broke a cardinal racing rule.

Don't follow.

I tell ya, this running 2 or 3 races back to back takes some getting used to also.
I've got the schedule up in the news section.
This week, Indy.  They just ran Saturday, will go again Tuesday night, and then again this Saturday.
It's like, as soon as they change the track layout with the dozers, they're at it again😁

And yeah old iron, I'll be back with fresh picks this Tuesday too.

Re: AMA 2021 Supercross Preview

Hey guys, just an update for those ready to break something, cabin fever wise,  with all the bad weather going on.

Roczen is on a roll, Tomac seems content with top5, Barcia and the new GASGAS are trying so hard they seem to be falling over themselves.  And Cooper Webb, #2, seems to not be able to quite grab it.

The previous round.

https://youtu.be/ESZC4PHP37Q

12